Flatscreen TV's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAminiatures

Reaction score
My husband has been asking for a flat screen TV for a while now and I would like to get him one for Christmas. Does anyone have any advice for me as far as what I want in a flat screen TV?

Thanks

I just bought my Christmas present. A Samsung PN64D8000. Set it up over the weekend and I love it. Typically they give you a Blu-Ray player and 2 sets of 3D glasses with it.

I always do an online review search before buying any big item. Google search "flat screen tv reviews"

For Picture Quality LCD black light LED's have the best pictures. Down side... sound is terrible.

Would check out Consumer Reports. They are pretty good at their ratings.

I like the Samsung over the Panosonic (samsung is more responsive). I also like the LED over the plasma. I have both. The plasma generates heat that you can feel about 6" away from the TV. To me, that is waisted energy. The LED also has a better picture. Also, I have been told not to lay a flatscreen TV on it's front or back. RC Willy won't even load a TV into a vehicle where you lay the TV down.

Yep do your homework- Plasma's use a LOT more power to run- so higher electric bill. LED's are better in regards to something going wrong in there than the LCD's. LCD's and LED's have backlighting. LCD's use fluorescent backlighting, whereas modern ones- LED's (light emitting diodes) to light up the display. It really comes down to LED backlighting vs the fluorescent.

LED's have better contrast. LED's consume less power than LCD's. LED's can be viewed from more of an angle more clearly and are supposed to have better color.

One advantage is if the lights in the LED dim any at all, you will probably not even notice vs. the fluorescent tv, in which you may get 'dark areas' in your picture.

I think it all depends on what size and how much money you want to spend. Some of the inexpensive ones have as good a picture and sound as some of the more pricey ones.

I bought myself a new 32" tv for Christmas (with the help of my daughter and her fiance) on Black Friday and couldn't be happier. The price was right and the TV works great.

I've got a 48" LG and it's awesome. Got a wall dock that it hangs on which is nice too. My boyfriend picked out the tv and he is a technology/electronics nerd so I trusted his decision. Just remember when you load it up and bring it hom to keep it upright! Do not lay it down-can cause problems and if the store you get it from see you lay it down, your warranty is void if you have one.

Latest posts

Back