Fjord colored minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no Grey in Fjords.

There is a colour described as " White Dun" I'm sorry I can't remember the real name- is it Ullsblak???

There is a colour described as " White Dun" I'm sorry I can't remember the real name- is it Ullsblak???

If there is NO Grey in Fjords, then why does the Registry register them as Grey and Silver????

If there is NO Grey in Fjords, then why does the Registry register them as Grey and Silver????
Why do the registeries do alot of the things they do? Because they don't know any better or because that's the way they've done it for years, right or wrong.

Look at all the mistakes in registered horses papers for colors... Especially silver bays being listed as sorrel (based on appearance) or even palomino because they have the white/silver mane and tail with golden body (I have one of these, but she is definitey silver bay as she tested EEAa with no cream). How about max white sabinos listed as a double dilute of some sort or just listed as white, when genetically they could be red or black-based, but the sabino gene has caused the white to be all over. [Wonder how many max sabino foals have been put done at birth due to thinking they were LWO++, before testing was available?]

"Silver" is used in stock horse breeds to describe a rather pale shade of buckskin, even though no silver gene is present. So, there is one example of silver being used which has nothing to do with the silver gene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so that was a triple post for some reason. Darn dial-up. :eek:

Double post for some reason.
default_wacko.png
:

They use grey erroneously because the Norwegian is "Gra"

There is no Grey and no Silver.

The terms are descriptive only.

Latest posts

Back