First time pregnancy.. trying to get help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kehranc

Reaction score
Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Hi guys I am looking for some advice regarding my mini. This is my first Mini. When we looked at her she did everything we were told to watch out for and not to buy if she did it.. eg.. Kicked Bit was Pregnant especially maiden mare, losing fur.. Well I just couldnt leave her there she wasnt being treated well and we bought her for her own safety. anyway since we have bought her home she is lovely she has not done any of the above things and she has settled in nicely. The problem is she has been getting fatter by the day and I am convinced she is pregnant. The vet said he wasnt sure but the farrier agreed with me...I am not sure how to tell how far she is or what to do to help her with the birth.. I have followed the pregnancy of Cocoa and now Kate but I think my mare is bigger than this .. Any advice would be great..I will put a couple of photos up and see what you all think../monthly_12_2012/post-44999-0-61130500-1355365414_thumb.jpg . /monthly_12_2012/post-44999-0-32154900-1355365459_thumb.jpg/monthly_12_2012/post-44999-0-17329900-1355365590_thumb.jpg/monthly_12_2012/post-44999-0-30329500-1355365682_thumb.jpg

Maybe the old owners might be able to recall a time when a stallion may have gotten in with her? Will admit her belly looks suspect to me. How old is the mare? Will she let you hold your hands on her belly while she eats? I find that is usually the most active time to feel the foals movements. I usually put one arm cradeling in front of udders and the other cradeling lowest part of the belly. LOL I end up looking like Im trying to pick her up by the belly. I usually hear from others that they feel movement just in front of udders but I usually feel it between the udder and the flank area.

Hi and welcome to LB. I have posted an answer to your other thread on the "Maternity" forum here.
default_yes.gif

Thank Jax and Anna, and yes I am now following the feed on the maternity page Mare stares and Barn Watch .. thanks heaps guys. I hope you follow me there Jax and appreciate your advice
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back