FILLY for us...yay!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Our ASPC mare Wild had a filly tonight!! Born 12:20 AM on April 3, 2012. Bay (or possibly buckskin?)...hard to to tell yet...maybe in the daylight it will be easier to tell. 2 hind socks. This filly has legs for miles and is already upright on them really nice! Stood, ran, pooped and found the milk bar all within an hour.

I have a few concerns, tho...It has been 9 years since my last foal, so I am a bit rusty. When Wild stood up, the placenta slipped out, so the cord did not break on its own. Wild has a tiny bit of bleeding from her vagina, is that normal?? Since the whole sac, cord and placenta is attached, when I stretch it out will it look different than normal?

After I dried off the foal and pushed some fluid from its nostils, it still sounds like she is "stuffed up" and had a bit of foam coming from her mouth while looking for the milk bar. Is that normal or could she have ingested/ inhaled some amniotic fluid?? Should I be concerned?

Here is a wet newborn pic...will post more tomorrow! No name yet...we have some we have written down, but haven't decided on one yet.

Dam is Bar Z's Born To be Wild WAH (45" bay) and sire is B & L's Diamonds Golden Image (35.5" palomino pinto)

foal1.JPG

Update: All looks good for momma and baby. Tentative name for filly is "LVL Gold's Wyld Chyld" but no barn name yet....that will come as we get to know the baby!
default_wub.png

Dried off pic:

filly4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!!!!!congratulations.....seems to be a lot fillies this year. Hope she doesn't get worn out before visiting Nixons HIll.

Thanks everyone!! She is really sweet, but with an attitude...soooo darn cute!! lol

Now I get to sleep for 2 more months til our last one for the year....yay!!

A mare might have discharge for a day or two after. Normal.

Congrats on your filly Linda and Deb!
default_488.gif

Back