Yay, Im a "Grandma" again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champsmom

Reaction score
Reesie had a textbook delivery this morning at 1:20 am. I have been wathing her all night on my camera for 2 and a half weeks because she attacked her foal last year and we bottle fed him for 4 months. She had delivered in the pasture and we were not present. The vet said he had ripped her so it was probably a pain thing. I was ready this year with a nice stall, a foal cam, and a tube of banamine.

Everything went smoothly this time. When I saw her getting up and laying down, pacing the stall , and pawing, I said a prayer to Jesus 1st then got dressed and went out to the barn. By the time I walked to her stall the foal was half out. She began cleaning him, stood up and out he slipped. She immediatly began pawing to get him up and within 20 minutes he was nursing, another 5 minutes and she delivered the placenta. I haven't determined wheather it is a filly or a colt yet because I wanted them to bond undisturbed. I dipped his navel, removed the placenta, gave Reesie some hay and a pat. I came back in an hour ago and have been watching them on the monitor. First bowel movement was at 3:35. She won't let him lay down and she won't lay down either but as long as she does the mommy thing I won worry.
wub.gif

I will take pics in a few hours. I would love to sleep a while but am still a bit nervous.

congratulations! I am sorry, the suspense would kill me, I would have done a quick tail hike to see what it was!LOL

I'm so happy to hear the good news about your foal this time! Congratulations, and will look forward to pictures!

Pam

congratulations - so glad she's a wonderful mom this year - glad to know it doesn't necessarily happen with every foal .

I can't believe you couldn't have peeked really quick while you were doing the navel ... afterall, you were in the proximity to make a determination - its there or not there LOL

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah So glad to hear she's accepted her foal this year!!
default_smile.png
Now go out and flip the tail up and see if it's one or two holes!!
default_smile.png
Oh...we also require pictures!

LOL... I'm with the rest and am dying for pictures and the gender! Congrats. I am so glad to hear about an uneventful birth!

Reesie had a textbook delivery this morning at 1:20 am. I have been wathing her all night on my camera for 2 and a half weeks because she attacked her foal last year and we bottle fed him for 4 months. She had delivered in the pasture and we were not present. The vet said he had ripped her so it was probably a pain thing. I was ready this year with a nice stall, a foal cam, and a tube of banamine.

Everything went smoothly this time. When I saw her getting up and laying down, pacing the stall , and pawing, I said a prayer to Jesus 1st then got dressed and went out to the barn. By the time I walked to her stall the foal was half out. She began cleaning him, stood up and out he slipped. She immediatly began pawing to get him up and within 20 minutes he was nursing, another 5 minutes and she delivered the placenta. I haven't determined wheather it is a filly or a colt yet because I wanted them to bond undisturbed. I dipped his navel, removed the placenta, gave Reesie some hay and a pat. I came back in an hour ago and have been watching them on the monitor. First bowel movement was at 3:35. She won't let him lay down and she won't lay down either but as long as she does the mommy thing I won worry.
wub.gif

I will take pics in a few hours. I would love to sleep a while but am still a bit nervous.

Okay, so apparently I am too stupid to post pictures
wacko.gif
Curiosity got the better of me and I couldnt fall asleep so..Its a colt. I sure wish I could post pics because he is really unusual looking. He is charcoal gray with 3 white stockings, a piebald face, a black stripe down his back and blue eyes. Mom is chocolate color with cream mane and tail, silver dapple I think it is called, Dad is a sorrel and white paint with blue eyes. Anyway, he is a keeper. Thier foal from last year looked like her plus a white blaze but now he looks like a palamino.

Latest posts

Back