Filly Fairy Found Illinois!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonrockranch

Reaction score
Yeah!

Our little appy stallion K.C. finally gave us a baby with color! We did have a silver dappled out of him last year, but really wanted a blanket!! And, a filly to boot! She's out of Sweetwater's Maggie McGee and really has some legs! Can't get the picture to work this morning, but I'll post one as soon as I can. This little one really seems to have some spirit - so she may be worth a look for the show ring.

Husband says that K.C. can stay here now, we were going to put him back on the sale board since we wanted a little more color than he had previously produced, so he's here in Illinois to stay!

Cheryl Menossi

Lemon Rock Ranch

www.lemonrockranch.com

:aktion033:

Cheryl

Congratulations, on a appaloosa filly baby to. We got one to last night. And how

funny both are out of Sweetwater mares. I can't wait to see your pictures. I have

not posted mine yet either. I got to get some done today and post to. Our baby

came at 3 am, is a wild black leopard or near leopard filly. The filly fairy did really

great for both us. I am so on cloud 9 this AM with her. We really needed her to, as

the stress load is pretty high here, with my brother's surgery this AM. I am so happy

for you to. Congratulations

Vicky :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations on your new blanketed filly...I bet she's a looker!!
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on your appy filly! Can't wait for pics
default_yes.gif
:

Flair and I can't wait to see pics of his 1/2 sister. Daddy can definately throw color. Guess you just have to find that magic combo in a mare for him.
default_smile.png
Funny thing too, Flair was out of a Sweetwater mare as well.

Congrats! Can't wait to see some pix. Blanket apps are my favorite!

Tammie

Congrats Cheryl, cant wait to see pics!!!!

Remember, all Appaloosas are NOT born colored and many color with age (unlike pintos who either have it or they dont) . In regards to color, they are considered 'colored' if they have the characteristics- white sclera, mottled skin, etc... many times the coat color comes later.

I still have KC's half sister Nutmeg and she is STILL coloring more every year- she is about 6 now I think. I dont remember ANY of his foals being born without at least characteristics and MANY of them were coloring out by weaning time.

My neighbor had a leopard stallion whose first foal crop appeared to be solid. She bred the mares back, but sold him to buy one that she thought might sire more color. That second foal crop was ALL colored (six of them) and some from the first year began to color. She was pretty mad at herself for selling him.

The second stallion really didnt sire any more color than the first and when she got the opportunity to purchase the first one back, she did!

Even generation after generation of Appy breeding on the full sized horses can produce a solid without any characteristics.

SEND PICS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!! :aktion033: :bgrin

congrats!! as said above be careful!! i sold a filly that i thought was solid sorrell at 9 months old. at 12 months she colored out to a snow flake appy. I was sorry i sold her though even before she colored out LOL.

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations! Now where are the pictures for those of us foal starved people???[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back