Filly fairy came back - need a colour expert

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
Last nite the filly fairy gave Nixons HIll Spotted Doll her first baby.

Mum had already delivered when we looked on the camera and when we got to her noticed a lot of blood from her vagina.

Closer examination revealed a tear almost to the rectum and the vet arrived to suture.

All is well this morning and she is a great mum.

The sire is a "near leopard" appie, Kobecks Chief O Hatchee and dam is a red roan "near leopard" appie.

I am not up on colours so would appreciate an opinion on what to call the colour of the little lady.

Top of the rump will be pure white but the rest of her coat has a grey tinge. She has a white star on her forehead.

364675609.jpg

364675607.jpg

364675603.jpg

The dam in these photos appears to have black legs and black on her face, unless this is the lighting ??

The foal looks like a silver to me.

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I'm no color expert but she looks silver to me. What base color is the sire?

Thanks. I was wondering if the silver tinge on the white hair and ther pure white rump was what is called a "snow cap"?

Thanks. I was wondering if the silver tinge on the white hair and ther pure white rump was what is called a "snow cap"?
It is a possibility since both parents are appy, and another possibility is that she may be a few spot.

Thanks everyone. She is a little doll...not so little....20 inches, but she's just a dream baby.

WE have three mares to foal this year, only one remains to foal.

Both foals born so far were fillies, so we have certainly had more than our share of the filly ratio..

Back