Nixons Hill filly from a maiden

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
395829463.jpg

395829462.jpg

I am not a colour expert but her parents are both appie.

Dam is a varnish appie, Nixons Hill E.K.Mirah, and sire is Kobecks Chief O Hatchee, grey blanket appie, who has only given us fillies in three years.

O Hatchee is worth his 28.5 inches of weight in gold
default_wink.png

She has a black dorsal stripe and two tiny white spots on her rump, with striped hooves.

I am guessing a few spot appie but don't know what colour to call her.

Mirah is a maiden who handled things like a pro. The little lady is 18 inches tall and very refined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, she looks gorgeous. I would say she is a bay few spot appy.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Sorry, not a few spot! Few spot does not mean "few spot(s)" lol What you have is a gorgeous dark bay "blanket", not much of a blanket! hehe, but depending on what her undercoat looks like that spot may get bigger, and given the fact that momma is a varnish I'd be willing to put down money that she will color out even more and she too will become varnish. Plus with a gray sire you've got the chance of her going gray.

Sorry, not a few spot! Few spot does not mean "few spot(s)" lol What you have is a gorgeous dark bay "blanket", not much of a blanket! hehe, but depending on what her undercoat looks like that spot may get bigger, and given the fact that momma is a varnish I'd be willing to put down money that she will color out even more and she too will become varnish. Plus with a gray sire you've got the chance of her going gray.
You are likely right. The dam looked like a buckskin at birth and started her varnish at around a year.

Too bad, I wanted a loud appie.....
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
but mostly I wanted a healthy baby which we got
default_yes.gif

You are likely right. The dam looked like a buckskin at birth and started her varnish at around a year.

Too bad, I wanted a loud appie.....
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
but mostly I wanted a healthy baby which we got
default_yes.gif
Well don't give up on that loud appie! I have a feeling she'll surprise you! Varnish can make them go through some WILD color/pattern changes!

I had a solid black colt born to a black tobiano/splash mare and sired by my black near leopard/varnish/splash colt. When he was born he had only 5 white little hairs on his forehead.

101_2740.JPG

By weaning age he had developed a spotted roany blanket:

102_3583.jpg

Here he is a 2 year old, even more roaning and spots:

DSC_0429.jpg

Can't wait to clip him this year, can already tell he has even more white hair underneath!

CONGRATULATIONS Nice to have a filly, and I agree going to turn out more like mom
default_aktion033.gif

Back