Fergie is on marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is our little man this morning Renee?? and how are your other girls?!
default_biggrin.png
morning
default_saludando.gif

I have turned the camera off for the day, as i have moved Fergie and Calibre to another paddock. I will run another camera over there so you can still watch him at night though
default_smile.png
But i have just disinfected the foaling stable and leaving it to dry out and air out for the next mare. She isnt looking ready yet, but she's 325 days along, and has formed about 3/4 of an udder quite quickly. Her milk is white and VERY sticky already, and testing 7.6 pH. So ill be moving her into the foaling stable tonight or tomorrow, depending how she is looking this afternoon.

Ill put a small screen up (if i can remember how to do it on my switcher lol, of Fergie and Cal still, so you can still enjoy his antics while we wait for Penny
default_wink.png

YAY naw Penny, how cute (my ponies name is Penny
default_wub.png
)

wow thats a quick change! Calibre might not have to wait long for a little playmate!!
default_wink.png

would love to still be able to see Calibre and Fergie!
default_yes.gif

he must be loving the weather atm, I know my guys are!! hoping with this nice weather that suz might have her foal soon!
default_wub.png

Calibre you are such a sweet and hansome boy!
default_wub.png
I have been a horrible aunti and have hardly had time to post and tell you what a beautiful boy you are... but i have been reading about you and keeping up! Cant wait to see new pics of you, and to see you with your new playmates when they arrive!!!

haha Renee,

I can see two ponies!
default_new_shocked.gif
wonder which one is which... guessing one will have a foal... haven't spotted little Calibre yet...

looks like Penny (the new mare) is in the big screen!! just look at that tummy!!
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL haven't seen Calibre yet...
default_wink.png
oh wait just spotted him!! lol

Renee can we get some pics of Penny please? she looks huge from the cam!

oh n of course any new pics of Calibre are definitley required lol us aunties don't request much!
default_biggrin.png

LOL Cass. You didnt even give me a chance to get them settled in and fed and you had 20 questions LOL
default_wink.png

Yes, the mare on the big screen is Penny. She is 325 days today. Her udder is not full, but her milk is white and sticky, and her hoohar is very relaxed already. She is only testing 7.6 pH. So we still should have a little time. This is an older mare - 20yo, and she is a "voluptuous woman" as i call her
default_wub.png
default_new_rofl.gif

Here she is in January

972014.jpg

She is also in foal to Warrior (Calibres dad)

922025.jpg

Penny hasnt been stabled in a long time, so may take some time to settle in... she has plenty of hay to keep her occupied.

Fergie and Calibre are on the small screen. They've been moved to a different stable, which is very big, so i couldnt get it all in the screen. So they can go off screen. Sorry. The infrared in that camera is also not quite as good.

hehe sorry Renee, everyone knows by now I love to ask questions!! LOL

she is gorgeous!! it will be very interesting to see what this foal looks like as she is a similar colour to Fergie!!
wink.gif

Oh Renee, Penny is absolutely gorgeous - looks as though you are going to have another beautiful baby!
default_yes.gif

Has she not had a foal for a while - you said she hasn't been stabled in a while? How long have you had her and do you have any pics of her past babies?

Sorry, I'm doing a Cassie and asking lots of questions. LOL!!

Oh Renee, Penny is absolutely gorgeous - looks as though you are going to have another beautiful baby!
default_yes.gif

Has she not had a foal for a while - you said she hasn't been stabled in a while? How long have you had her and do you have any pics of her past babies?

Sorry, I'm doing a Cassie and asking lots of questions. LOL!!

Thank you. I love this old girl
default_smile.png

Penny is an imported mare from USA (as im sure you picked up from her prefix), and before she was imported, she produced 4x World Top 10, and World Res. Grand Champion stallion Bear Branch Crow Feather.

919496.jpg

Here are lots more current, and nicer photos of him.

http://www.tfminiatures.com/horses/Bear-Branch-Crow-Feather/index.html

This is one of the foals she's had since being here

919497.jpg

She has had other foals, but i dont have any photos of them.

Bear Branch Bobby Lee was another she had before coming over here, but i have never found any info on him...

She hasnt had a for for 3 years.

This is my first foal from her, i got her about 18 months ago.

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
I cleaned 13 poops out of Pennys stable this morning!!!! Holy moly!!!! This girl sure can poop!! lol All were pretty normal consistency.

She had been out 10mins and rubbed her little hoohar on a tree and hurt it to the point of blood. Silly girl
default_no.gif
So i've moved her to another paddock during the day where she can only rub on round fence posts - they will be a bit more gentle. Why do these mares do this to themselves
default_wacko.png

Her milk is WHITE, and her ph has dropped to 7.2 from 7.6 yesterday.

Hoohar and butt are very relaxed and ready to go. She has an alarm on her during the day, and ill probably keep it on her during tonight also.
default_yes.gif

I took some current pics of her. They arent great, but ill load them up for you all to see...

Sorry they arent good photos. I only had my phone with me.

She is dropped, but Penny does have a very low belly at the best of times, so she isnt MEGA dropped compared to what she normally is anyway. if that was all baby i'd be worried there was a clydestale in there LOL

1010701.JPG

Milk is very white and sticky, testing 7.2pH

1010704.JPG

Her udder isnt full yet, but its quite an unusual shaped udder - kinda typical of that of an old lady thats had many children i guess LOL The milk does come out very easily though, so im unsure if she will fill totally or not. Time will tell i guess...

1010705.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY wow Renee, she is moving heaps fast!!! you will hav a friend with Calibre before long!!!
default_wub.png
THAT TUMMY!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

lol

poor thing!!

she looks such a pretty sweet girl!! can't wait to see this little one!!

how is Calibre and Fergie this morning? any new pcis
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back