Feeding suggestions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondRabbit

Reaction score
I have 3 mini's

36" Stallion (he is chubby)

33" pregnant mare

30" pregnant mare.

I have read and read but am pretty confused about how much hay/ pellets to feed them.

It is winter here too.

If there is a post somewhere on the board and missing it? You can send me there. I know it can be frustrating when something has been pinned and then the same question is asked.

Thank you!

Julie

Is there a different forum I should post this question? New to the board and don't know my way around yet.

Do you have experience with any size of equine? If so, then the general rules of feeding are the same with the biggest difference being how much to feed. General rule of thumb is 2% of idea body weight (that is total diet, so forage and grain). The LB info pages has charts and formulas for figuring weight if you don't have access to a scale: http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/ I believes its under the misc category.

In the winter I do wing-it a little bit, as they get pretty much free-choice hay plus their little bit of "grain" for the vit/min it provides.

Latest posts

Back