Favorite Guilty / Lazy Pleasures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What are your favorite guilty pleasures? I mean the things you do just for yourself because you enjoy doing it.

I don't count time with the horses, which is a huge pleasure for me, but I'd like to think the horses enjoy it as well
default_smile.png
My guilty pleasures serve no one but myself

Some ofmy favorite guilty (and supremely lazy) pleasures are:

• Listening to an unabridged audio book from the sofa or bed until I fall asleep
  • Long hot baths, especially wiith an adult beverage to sip
  • Watching a couple-few DVD's back to back on a rainy or snowy afternoon w/ my husband
  • BIG bowl of icecream, even if it is no-sugar-added (it's still YUM)
  • Playing this "Collapse" game on my cell phone for an hour or so (bad, bad Jill)
  • Afternoon naps
Right now, and for awhile, I've been studying in my off time so I can't wait to have the time to just be lazy. I have some books begging to be read or listened to, etc. Man, I hope I pass my test next week!!! Then I'll better be able to guage how much effort I have to put into the other 4 tests that will be looming...

[SIZE=14pt]What about you? What are your favorite guilty pleasures?[/SIZE]
champagne.gif
takeabath1.gif
popcorn1.gif
sleep3.gif
book2.gif
bbq22.gif

I wont count the time with the horses either bc that is as much for them as it is for me so, other then that and being on the forum ...:bgrin.

1) Hand & Back & Foot massages. My brothers wife is a massage therapist and i take full advantage of it lol! Nothing is more relaxing then kicking back and talking about the day with Jodi from time to time or paying her a visit at her work :bgrin.

2) Nice warm bath with the radio on and a glass of ice Tea.

3) Cuddling up on the bed with nice warm cozy blankets and watching movies and then falling asleep for a little nap.

4) Hot Chocolate in the winter after coming in from doing horse chores

Stealing away out on the property wih my pups and reading my historical novels.

Working on crafts waaayyyyy into the early morning hours when the house is all quiet and all I hear are the quiet sounds of the puppy's breathing.

A nice thick smoothie with cold Ovaltine, blueberries, and bananas!! Yummie!!!

i love to take the dogs out to my brother-in-law's farm and hunt for arrowheads. more often than not, we don't find many or the ones we find are broken but still, it's so relaxing to just walk around out in the fields.

i love to read and always have at least 2 books going at the same time. takes me forever to finish because i always manage to fall asleep after 3 or 4 pages. :eek:

i'm thinking about crocheting another afghan. might pick some yarn up and get that going. mindless t.v. + crocheting = afternoon nap. :bgrin

if i was to list an all-time favorite guilty pleasure, that would be all summer long, sitting on the deck and watching the birds. we have such a huge variety and the feeders are always busy!

Reading a good book (I can get lost in a book for HOURS if it's a good one...and right now I am missing that pleasure).

Watching 2-3 movies at a time..with only potty (both human and dog...lol) breaks.

NAPS! (I love a good nap in the middle of the afternoon...zzzzz)

Internet time....I tend to spend wayyyy too much time online (not just in the forum, but in lots of different sites)...and this more than any thing else makes me late for other things...LOL! :eek:

Ice cream...my new favorite Dreyers Loaded Choc. chip cookie dough....YUM!!!!!! (I do NOT buy it often, just because I know I have no willpower if it's here...lol)

Right now its either play way to much with the boxer puppy who is growing up way to fast! She has gotten so big in just two weeks.

Then its giving attention to the other three who swear I am neglecting them..........you know what 4 dogs and 2 humans in one queen bed is like???

Then its trying to catch a nap when Bella is sleeping, then fitting in all the homework I am behind on.

Being on the computer just for fun and not business
default_smile.png

Taking some extra time in the shower........(and praying I won't be interrupted.)

Being given some free time to read a chapter of a book.....without someone needing something.

Driving to the grocery store all by myself!

Being able to have a PRIVATE phone conversation, especially with good friends.

MA

Good thread :bgrin My favourite guilty pleasures

- curling up with a good book by the fire in winter, dogs at my feet, potato chips in reach and a long cold one.

- long soak in the tub

- taking a walk in the woods with my camera

Yvonne

A few squares of dark chocolate (the really good kind).

Cheerios, dry roasted almonds and a cup of coffee, curled up with my laptop on the couch in the morning, with nothing pressing to do or nowhere to get to in a hurry.

Cruising in my truck w/good music to listen to. Even better, a good friend to talk with.

Surfing the web.

Eating lunch at my friend Bill's! *LOL* He's a GREAT cook, and fun to talk with, too.

Sleeping in now and then.

Reading.

Liz M.

You all sound like my kind of people
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: Go figure :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

I've actually thought about how long could I stay on my property w/o leaving, assuming I had a way to get food brought in for me and the animals. I think I could do it for years on end... all my favorite things to do or be around are right here at home. Too bad I have to work for a living
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Don't feel bad Michelle....I'm with you.

I enjoy sitting on our deck up north or on the boat and drinking...be it a margarita or a beer, doesn't matter!

Well, I do enjoy a drink now and then, too
default_smile.png
It just can make me feel so cruddy afterwards that I don't do it very often.

Right now, I am waiting on Harvey to get home with breakfast... Every weekend, I want McDonalds for breakfast. And, I love their coffee. He gets me a huge cup of it so for sure, I'm going to be awake and happy soon :bgrin

Back