Everyone Watching

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill took the words out of my mouth I'm spending the day on the computer and watching movies!lol

ETA: Being a Black president doesn't bother me one bit I'm glad but I just don't feel that he is mature enough to run our great nation, (he didn't even sit to watch Bush's 15 min. Farewell speech!!) that in my opinion is very immature and disrespectful IMO! I hope he can lead our country well for our own sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes YES YES!!!!

I can't wait! And the media following him is not his fault. SO glad he is in there now!!!!! I am very proud and happy!!!!

I've been glued to the television since 4am PST this morning -- and that's no mean feat for this nightowl (I had about two hours of sleep).

Nearly two years ago, when the presidential campaign first began, I liked Obama but couldn't entirely get behind him. As I listened over the months, his obvious intelligence, his attitude, his open-mindedness, and later, his ideas for getting our country out of our current he11, won me over. When election time came, I was proud to vote for a man with wisdom and vision and who also just happened to exemplify our country's ability to evolve and fulfill the words of our forefathers.

I have been so proud to watch him this morning.

Of course, the true challenge has only begun. As with any president, we must watch carefully and insist upon real action and accountability rather than letting it rest with campaign promises. We have had brilliant men who failed to succeed as president, and we cannot afford that. I hope and believe that President Obama will live up to the faith that our country has placed upon him.

I also have to say that I am proud of the class former president Bush has shown during this transition. While I was no fan of his administration, he is a good man.

Suffice it to say, I am so proud today to be an American.

Not that I wasn't proud before, but today the depth of my pride is immeasurable, especially when Aretha Franklin sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee," fulfilling Martin Luther King's words:

"This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, 'My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring.' "

Susanne, I feel exactly the same as you. I watched his speech and it was awesome. I feel a lot of hope! Obama is thought very highly of around the globe, I think he has an amazing chance to move us toward a vision of "one world, working together."

I am so proud that my son Kenny is there deployed by the Army to work the satellite communications room. This will be quite a story that he can tell his kids someday! I cant wait for him to come home and tell me all about it
Kay, my son is there, too! He is on the bomb squad. I don't know if he is in a place where he could see what was going on, but I hope so. I am so proud of my son, he is helping to make people safe while they celebrate this historic event.

No, I'm not watching. I really feel fed up with the media covering the long leadup to this as if it it's a Hollywood event. Hope he does a good job for the sake of the Nation but he surely didn't earn my vote.

I agree with Jill. I didn't vote for him. How ever I feel bad that Bush is leaving
default_sad.png

Joyce

No, I'm not watching. I really feel fed up with the media covering the long leadup to this as if it it's a Hollywood event. Hope he does a good job for the sake of the Nation but he surely didn't earn my vote.

I agree with Jill. I didn't vote for him. How ever I feel bad that Bush is leaving
default_sad.png

Joyce
I'll admit to shedding two tears. One: witnessing the history my parents never thought would happen in THEIR lifetime. Two: Watching the man that made America safer during the worst terrorist attack on human soil in MY lifetime, leave. No matter what mistakes Bush made, we weren't attacked twice on our soil during his time in the White House. And that says something. I will always respect Bush for his actions following 9/11, right or wrong.

I usually dont comment on political topics but here I go.......................

I did not vote for obama, but it is history in the making. I really hope the man proves me wrong on my thoughts.

My REALLY BIG PROBLEM NOW is the 10 days of all this. Can anyone even grasp the amount of money it is costing???

I mean from one party to the next, all of the secret service, the gowns, entertainment, food, ect. ect. ect.

Then you hear them talking about what a terrible shape our nation is in???? HELLO? Do we need 10 days of this?

Dont get me wrong, I would feel this way about any president. Another special made Limo, two more sets of china, ........... come on.

I say party all day and night, congraulate each other , then get to work on the nation, and put the rest of that money they are spending toward the XXX Trillion dollars were in the hole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my thought......

Linda Killion

Of course.
default_wub.png

Erica, the total cost of Obama's inauguration is estimated to exceed $160 million. Bush's inauguration 4 years ago cost somewhere in the neighborhood to $157 million-not adjusted for inflation. A large part of that money is for security, which recession or not, I don't think we should skimp on. (Oh no, here she goes with the links again..) http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/International

ClickMini said:
Susanne, I feel exactly the same as you. I watched his speech and it was awesome. I feel a lot of hope! Obama is thought very highly of around the globe, I think he has an amazing chance to move us toward a vision of "one world, working together."

I am so proud that my son Kenny is there deployed by the Army to work the satellite communications room. This will be quite a story that he can tell his kids someday! I cant wait for him to come home and tell me all about it
Kay, my son is there, too! He is on the bomb squad. I don't know if he is in a place where he could see what was going on, but I hope so. I am so proud of my son, he is helping to make people safe while they celebrate this historic event.
I'm proud of both your sons for their service and excited that they get to be there! I hope you'll pass on what they share with you regarding what it was like.
default_wub.png

To my great disgust I missed the actual swearing in so will be perusing YouTube and CNN in hopes of a video clip. I KNEW I should have checked the broadcast times last night!!
default_frusty.gif

Leia

I do agree with those who feel proud we have a black president. That is an accomplishment for our Nation. But me being me, you know I would have rather it been Michael Steele.

And, yes, the money being spent for this is disgraceful. Just like a big time celebrity production and so much being put into how this will look and be remembered. There's a lot of work to be done, and a lot to protect our Nation from. Time to get to work.

PS I bet Bush will have his first truly restful night in about 8 years tonight -- and he deserves it
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Inaugurations cost a lot of money. Maybe it could have been better spent elsewhere. In a related note, if you ate dinner last night you should be ashamed, because there are hungry people in this country who had to do without.

For those who are concerned about the cost of the Inauguration and what it means to taxpayers, it is the responsibility of the Inauguration Committee to raise those funds through private donations. The economic troubles we are experiencing were right at the top of Obama's speech. It was a moving and direct speech. I believe that Obama has very clear objectives as to where he sees the country going. He made no bones about the fact that it will take a collective effort from all of us to turn things around.

It is important to the entire world that we show a peaceful and clear transition of power, which is what the Inauguration is all about. This election is important to many more people than just the Americans. We are just the ones that get to decide who it is going to be. The impact of our decision will be far-reaching.

My REALLY BIG PROBLEM NOW is the 10 days of all this. Can anyone even grasp the amount of money it is costing???I mean from one party to the next, all of the secret service, the gowns, entertainment, food, ect. ect. ect.

Then you hear them talking about what a terrible shape our nation is in???? HELLO? Do we need 10 days of this
Think about ALL of the hungry children that could feed.. Considering the state of the current economy this is WRONG!......... More of the same.. Yes there will be Change - change in our pockets and big bucks in their bank accounts.. As to the question - yes I watched but I was not inspired.

Suffice it to say, I am so proud today to be an American.Not that I wasn't proud before, but today the depth of my pride is immeasurable, especially when Aretha Franklin sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee," fulfilling Martin Luther King's words:

"This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, 'My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring.' "
This says it all for me!

I don't know why the amount of money being spent on partying should come as such a surprise, after what they went through during the campaign/election. We already knew they could spend $$$$ - now it remains to be seen exactly what he can do for the country's economy. Hopefully he'll be as great a President as so many people seem to think he will.

I cant help but wonder how Bush made us safe if an attack happened on his watch? Didnt those 3k people die during his term? I am NOT saying that any President would have stopped the attacks, although I think another may have. What I am saying is how can Bush be acredited for keeping us safe when the largest attack since Pearl happened on his watch?

Latest posts

Back