Ericas Dress

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

Ok this is not the best picture I took it with my camera phone and I am sure there are MUCH better pics out there and now that I am thinking of it I should have got one with her in "The Hat" and the dress as well.

I must admit ... somewhat shamefully that I did tell her she always looked to darn cute and I wanted to kick her in the shins on behalf of all us middle aged not so dainty women but.. I refrained she was being to polite for me to kick her and besides that she is younger and thinner and could have caught up with me after LOL
default_yes.gif

Anyway here is the picture not the best but gives you an idea was pretty cute and yes once more she looked cute enough to be kicked in the shins
default_wink.png

For those that cant see this dress is made out of first place ribbons the whole thing and the belt on the dress is a grand. Pretty cute and something Raven is of course DYING for... great that means now I have to save up to bid on it next year lol

ericadressfixed.jpg

Last edited:
For those that did not get to see that dress in person You missed it .
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
And there is rumor of that Masterpiece being in the Trainers Auction next year.. So Erica if you get your pictures downloaded put the one I know you got with the purple hat !!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

How neat is that!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
. You look stunning in it as well
default_smile.png

One of a kind
default_wub.png
. Wish i could have seen it in person, that is to darn amazing
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What I can see sure looks neat...

Who made it?

Love to see the other pictures with the hat...
default_laugh.png

Hehe.....Here are again some not so good pictures. Lighting was not the best in the hotel, it was more low-mood-lighting, but I brigthened these up were maybe everyone can see the dress. I had an idea and run with it, with some encouragement from a close friend I set out to have it done by convention.

Yes everyone save your money, and come to Branson in 08 to help out the youth and YOU can arrive in the blue ribbon dress!!! All the show horses say you need to dig deep in your pockets as they have a lot of training and sweat in that dress LOL.

e768e096.jpg

e768d606.jpg

Here's the hat; at this point it was past midnight and we had already had way too much fun at the auction so you have to overlook the dorky pose.

e768aea3.jpg

Vickie in her hat.....I have some cute ones of her and Ed bidding back and forth, but most of them turned out a little fuzzy. And to top it off give Vickie a huge
default_aktion033.gif
as not only that but she offered to match the high selling auction item, which ended up being this hat, several trophies she will help buy for next years shows.

e769047e.jpg

Hats off to all at Convention, it was a great time as always. Lea and Area 1 went above and beyond, meeting ran smoothly, dinner was good, auction was amazing, people were friendly, hotel was awesome (man did I just want to play chicken and sleep like all day in that bed!!!) the falls were wonderful. And overall it was just a really great time, eh
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
the falls were wonderful. And overall it was just a really great time, eh
default_wink.png
LOL Its funny because I actually do say Eh all the time. Nice dress were those of your ribbons
default_biggrin.png
Nice hat too
default_smile.png

Hats off to all at Convention, it was a great time as always. Lea and Area 1 went above and beyond, meeting ran smoothly, dinner was good, auction was amazing, people were friendly, hotel was awesome (man did I just want to play chicken and sleep like all day in that bed!!!) the falls were wonderful. And overall it was just a really great time, eh
default_wink.png
I didnt make it to the falls but I have to say those beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in or I am just way to old to be staying up all night long
default_wink.png
The auction was great I was able to get raven both her birthday and Christmas presents!!!!

Last edited:
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! Erica, it turned out awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty cool for something I was only teasing you about for a split second before it turned out to be The Dress
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
:) I love it!!!!!!

That dress was a sensation at the convention, everyone was talking about it.. I sure would like to see Johnny Robb put a picture on the web site and interview Ericka about the dress and how she came up with the idea. Can someone send Jonny Robb a good picture of it?
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Erica you looked wonderful it is smashing and a great idea and the HAT just completes the effect.
default_aktion033.gif

LOL Its funny because I actually do say Eh all the time. Nice dress were those of your ribbons Nice hat too
Yep Devon, those were some ribbons from this year.....compliments of Prankster, Clover, Sashey, Revenge, Believe, Jesse, Gambler ext...
default_wink.png
as well as the judges that liked them.

Whoooohoo! Girl, you look FAB U LOUSSSSSSSSS in that smashing dress! LOVE IT! :love

That dress looks awesome....Glad you had a good time at Convention...man I wanted to drive down sooo bad but not enough time to get to it....oh well, always next year
default_yes.gif
The falls are beautiful eh? Did you get a chance to tour across this side of the boarder as well?? I havent talked to Steph yet, but now your text makes sence about the dress LOL....and
default_aktion033.gif
to Vickie too
default_wub.png

hey i really like that..i'm not even much of a dress person but i would contemplate having one made of my million and one ribbons..LOL.. the only problem is.. they aren't washable are they??

hey i really like that..i'm not even much of a dress person but i would contemplate having one made of my million and one ribbons..LOL.. the only problem is.. they aren't washable are they??
I'm going to treat it like I do my show jackets and hand wash it VERY gently. Of course it was only worn at Convention for the first time.......not sure if it will be worn again, I mean I specifically made it for convention and really doubt people anywhere else would understand the concept behind it. So it's a horse function formal dress
default_smile.png

default_smile.png
Do you think the lettering on the ribbons will go through being wet? I guess that's my thinking behind not very washable.. not really sure.. i know they aren't very ironable..LOL i made the mistake of trying to iron ribbons before and it melts the lettering right off...hehehe

Yeah i could see how it probably wouldn't be marketable to someone outside of the horse world
default_smile.png
but it's a very ingenious idea for a use for all those ribbons!

Well you know I ironed the ribbons before being sewn on, as they were still in boxes from the shows this year, and then ironed/steamed before packing it and all the lettering did fine....it is a handle with care item I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back