Equipage system

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyWI

Reaction score
Last year was my first using the Equipage halter foal alert system. Tonight I put the alarm back on one of my mares, as she is getting close, but when I tipped the alarm it didn't make the pager go off. I sort of remember there was a way to test it, but I can't find my instruction booklet. The pager has an off position and then two more positions. Is it supposed to be in the middle or the farthest position from the off position?

I'm getting pretty nervous.

Thanks for any help!

I have the equipage system too. for the transmitter test-turn the repeater and the pocket pager on, then turn the transmitter on its end to stimulate a mare in the lying lateral position. The light on the transmitter will go on immediately. In 8-10 sec, it will send a signal to the repeater. The repeater will then signal the pocket pager. The pocket pager will beep 9 times repeatedly for about 30 sec. and the zone light will blink red. Reset the pocket pager by pressing down on the on/off button. Turn the repeater on the other end and repeat the test. I tool this right out of my instruction manual. If you need to know something else, you can email me . Good Luck with your foaling. Corinne

I've got the Equipage system too. It's a great thing. The first post was right on for instructions. I've still got my book, and can send you a copy. It won't help right now, but if you contact the folks that sold it to you they can get you a book too. The website also has instructions on it. Good Luck!

Thanks! Now I sort of remember. I tested the system in the barn by tipping the transmitter but I only tipped it on it's side and then right back up. I guess it needs to be tipped 8 seconds, and that's why I didn't get a beep on the pager.

I looked at the web site and it doesn't say what position the switch should be in. There's the off, and then two more positions. Is the position in the middle, which looks like a speaker with a line through it, for the telephone paging system? I don't have that, so I assume I want my switch on the farthest one from the off position, which is the speaker without a line through it?

I'm quite sure that the middle of the switch is for the light to blink, but is silent, the way over switch is what beeps out loud, I hope this makes sense or if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

Check all your batteries too - they can run down faster than you expect.

Jan

I have the Breeder Alert system and I agree with the battery post. Making sure you start off with fresh batteries every year is a good idea. Hope you get it going for your impending birth.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back