EASY Low Carb / Low Sugar Mojito Recipe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm just a bit behind the times, only recently discovery Mojitos. However, the kind at most restaurants and the mixes you can buy are loaded with sugar which I do not need nor want. I looked online and found a few low carb / low sugar mojito recipes and have made them as below and just LOVE them. I like them better than the mixes or from the restaurants "this" way below.

• 6 or so mint leaves that you crush a little bit at the bottom of a tall class / high ball / tumbler
  • 1/2 lime, sliced and squeezed and put into the bottom of the class
  • Additional squirt of lime juice from plastic lime (optional)
  • Ice
  • Bacardi Limon 1.5 - 2 ounces (but any brand light rum would probably be fine)
  • Diet Lemon-Lime Soda (I like diet Sierra Mist)
  • Straw
It's so good!!! Very crisp and refreshing. Not too sweet, but doesn't taste strong of alcohol at all. Even H likes them and he almost never likes a drink. Perfect summer drink!!!

girl5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm. Sounds deelish. I may be sipping on those this weekend
default_wink.png

Jill those are one of my most favorite summer drinks...I will have to try your recipe. I sometimes will add alittle ice tea to my mojitos...I tend to be able to drink alittle more!!

And of course you make yours with Bacardi!! I wonder why?? Can horses eat mint leaves??

Ah...Mojitos...the laser treatment antidote!

Sounds like the perfect drink for sitting outdoors on a summer eventing at the Mingus Cafe...of course, we'll have to ignore the dirty looks from horses who think we should share! (and they always do...)

Oh yeah! We went to Ocracoke Island, North Carolina this past weekend and me and my sister in law had Mojitos only we made them with Tattoo Dark Rum and Mojito mixer with crushed ice and they were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention the beach was pretty awesome...............

OcracokeTrip065.jpg

I'm just a bit behind the times, only recently discovery Mojitos. Perfect summer drink!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
I'm behind with you......I saw this topic and though "Oh Boy, now

I'm going to find out what a mojito is" I've heard the word tossed around on TV or

the radio........ I thought it was a Mexican food.......I like Mexican food but never

saw it on a food menu at any Mexican restuarants. NOW, I know! Sounds refreshing!

They are soooooo good. I had to take tylenol yesterday so couldn't have one but TODAY...
champagne.gif

MMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds yummy! I just might have to try those out tonight after spending the day trimming all the horses feet. I'm sure I will be aching and will need a drink to relax.
default_smile.png

Jill sounds like a winner. Will have to try that this weekend. Boy Susan, coming from and living in the desert that OCEAN looks awesome!! I have to drive to San Diego to even see anything like that. Right now the beaches are so crowded with the desert folk trying to cool off.

Latest posts

Back