Easy Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breast Recipes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What do you all like to do to fix boneless / skinless chicken breasts? We eat these probably 4-5x a week, but I do not have all that many ideas on how to make them (recipes / directions).

Here are a few of the things I know to do with them that H and I like, but we surely would love some new ideas!

Asian Chicken:

• Cut the breasts into chunks and coat in either plain cornstarch (my favorite) or egg whites + cornstarch. Let it set 15 or so minutes
  • Pan "stir fry" that chicken and then add whatever veggies you like (we use frozen), and use a bottle Asian sauce. We really like "World Harbor's" teriyaki
  • Serve over steamed rice
  • (this tastes like a Chinese Restaurant dish)

Parmesan Chicken:

• Mix 2 mayonnaise and 1 part (or 1 part "plus") Parmesan cheese
  • Spoon that mixture onto your chicken breast halves and top with bread crumbs
  • Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes on 425 in a baking dish

Cornflake Chicken:

• Coat chicken breast strips or chunks in a little honey mustard dressing
  • Coat those with crushed cornflakes using a zipper bag
  • Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes on 425 using a baking sheet (not dish)

Crock Pot Chicken:

• Just put the breasts Crockpotckpot with cream of mushroom soup. Add sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned) and frozen peas or other veggies if desired
  • Cook on low for about 8 hours

That is really pretty much "it" in terms of what I can make with chicken breasts. I've tried oven BBQ, but not thrilled with the results. I could use some help
default_eat.gif

What ideas do you all like when it comes to chicken dinner?
shopping.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I fill a dutch oven type cooker with a decent lid with the rinsed off breasts. I add a can of cream of chicken soup (campbels healthy choice with the heart on the can) and I add some water (about 3/4 to 1 can depending on how much chicken). bake at 325 to 350 for several hours until chicken is very tender. Might have to stir once and to check to see if chicken breasts are falling apart. Take out of oven, shred chicken into the blonde gravy made by the soup with a knife and fork. Make sure you can shred easily, if not, put back in oven for a little longer, should be able to shred easily with a fork or it will taste tough. Add some pepper for flavor. This is terrific, easy and cooks while you are at the barn doing fun stuff. My kids and husband call it "blonde chicken" tastes great with cresent rolls or on a bun. yummy. you will be surprized how soft the chicken gets. You can do the same above but with a barbecue sause of your choice. really gets tender, tastes great. cooks while you are not watching, cant get better than that. You can add this shredded meat to rice or potatoes etc.

I cut chicken breasts into chunks, marinate with 1/2cup olive oil/ 1/2 cup lemon juice (or white wine which is my preference when I have any left over in a bottle - not a common occurrence, we tend to 'kill' the bottle lol) minced garlic/Italian seasoning and pepper to taste for at least a couple of hours (in a pinch I've used Italian dressing for the marinade) then run them onto skewers with whole mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and pepper chunks. These are very nice cooked on the BBQ but I often lay them on a sheet and cook them in the oven. About 30 minutes at 350.

Here is an easy enchillada (I don't measure just wing it):

Cut chicken in chunks and fry in a little olive oil in large skillet (spice however you like) with chopped onions...let cool a few mins.

Add shredded cheese and sour cream right in the skillet, mix up.

Spoon into flour tortillas and roll up, place in a casserole dish. Pour enchillada sauce on top (I just use the can sauce)...top with more shredded cheese, cover with foil. Bake 350 until heated through, about 30 mins.

Here is another crockpot one, similiar to what Jill posted.

A bag of frozen raw chicken tenders not breaded of course.

2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of chedder cheese soup.

Throw the frozen chicken in the crock, pour soup on top....cook on low at least 6 hrs (I have done it as long as 12)....it will look like you need to add water but don't....as the chicken thaws it adds the water. I serve over mashed potatoes (the Bob Evans microwaveable)....this is super easy and quick. Note: do not add salt, but I do add pepper. The chicken is so tender it just falls apart, kinda like shreds...since this makes alot and there are only 2 of us, I go ahead and freeze it over top the potatoes in tupperware containers for work.

Butterfly chicken breasts.. Add frozen broccoli, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Salt / pepper. Bread crumbs on chicken breasts optional. Place in a pan and bake 350 until done.. I am weird about making sure chicken is done so probably 30-40 minutes. I alway cut into one to make sure.

I too, eat chicken breasts 4-6 times a week.

Chicken Cacciatore (sp) (Italian Chicken Stew) .... Serves 3 or 4.

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

2+ chicken breasts, cut to bit sized pieces

1/2 onion, chopped

1/2 green pepper, chopped

1 cup sliced mushrooms

1 16 oz can diced tomatoes

1 16 oz can tomato sauce

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp oregano

1 tsp basil

1/3 cup sherry or red wine

In a large pot, lightly brown chicken with olive oil. Add the onion, green pepper, and seasonings and saute for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes. Add both the diced tomatoes and sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the wine and let simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.

Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.......Top with parmesan cheese.

(This recipe is my version of one I received from my Italian mother-in-law. My hubster AND my in-laws like it.)

Take two chicken breasts, place between freezer paper and pound thin. Place both breasts into a rectangular baking dish which has been sprayed with Pam. Season breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Mix one can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of mushroom (although the other day I was out of mushroom soup so I used cheddar cheese soup and it was yummy) in a medium bowl. Spread soup over chicken. Place slices of baby swiss over soup. Make a box of stove top according to the instructions on the box. Spoon over the chicken/soup mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake until chicken is done.....an hour or two at 350.

You talk about good!!!!

I'm all about super easy chicken dishes - especially if they can be done in the crockpot! Here was what we are having tomorrow -

Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts (I just throw them in frozen)

1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained

1 small can chopped green chiles

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese

tortillas

shredded cheddar or cheese blend

2 Tbsps melted butter

Directions:

Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Dump in the diced tomatoes, green chiles, and cream cheese. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Once the chicken is cooked, take the chicken out and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker (mix it in and it will absorb some of the juices so its not so runny) and keep warm until ready to make quesadillas.

To make quesadillas, heat a skillet over medium heat. Top half of each tortilla with cheese and a scoop of the chicken mixture. Fold the tortilla over and press down. Lightly brush melted butter (or olive oil) on both sides. Cook two filled tortillas at a time (3-4 minutes each, until they are golden brown) turning once. Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole and sour cream.

Not low fat - but definitely yummy!!

Pinterest is a great place to find TONS of great chicken recipes, especially for the crock pot. Since we have activities every night after work, whether cheerleading practice/football games for my oldest daughter, church or riding lessons for my youngest daughter, I am all about the crock pot!!

Barbara

Really simple: bake in covered dish or crock pot in greek dressing or italian dressing depending on which taste you like better. I love it with greek dressing, slow cooked it marinades, yum! Great with baked potato and steamed veggies.

Teriyaki Chicken: 1/2 cup soy sauce and 1/2 honey in crock pot, can also add 2 Tbs sesame seeds. Place in crock pot, or slow cook in oven in covered dish.

I often throw things together, so I'm not great at sharing recipes. I have an idea of what I like and mix recipes I find on-line, or just add whatever.

Wow!!! You guys have lots of good ideas!!! I'm going to try one tonight, and probably another this weekend! Thanks a lot!!!!!

MiniV - Yours sounds really good! I'll definitely try it!

One of my favorite and easy dishes is Stuffed Chicken Breasts (a healthy AND lower calorie dish)

1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto

1 cup baby spinach

1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled low fat feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and olive oil (such as Hunt's), undrained

3 tablespoons chopped pine nuts

4 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)

Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise and stuff with all of the above ingredients except the diced tomatoes. Close the chicken breasts and cover with the diced tomatoes in a roasting pan. Cover pan (lid or foil) and bake 375 for about 1/2 hour.

It's awesome!

Liz N.

Liz, that sounds very good, too! Thanks everyone -- now i have more ideas of what to make for chicken dinner
default_yes.gif

I also like to buy the Pillsbury pizza crusts / next to the biscuits in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Following baking instructions on the package. I cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and cook in a pan.. BBQ sauce or some garlic and onion powder, however you like. I use this as a pizza topping. My favorite is white pizza with garlic chicken and spinach (frozen, drained very well).

wow some great recipes here and all seem to keep the chicken breasts tender which is what we love.....going to try some this weekend!

Here is another crockpot one....just put it in the crock but have never had it so tonight will be a first for me.

Season 6 breasts with pepper, chili powder and cumin...place in crock sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Heat a can of cream of chicken, can of fiesta nacho soup and a cup of salsa until mixed well. Pour soup mixture over chicken...cook on low 6-7 hours. Serve over rice....

Hope its good, can't see why it wouldn't be.

OK, but this is NOT low calorie, it is comfort food! I put my chicken breasts between two sheets of clear plastic wrap and hit with a hammer, gets my frustrations out. Then slice into tenders, I use olive oil to cook them in till tender in a non-stick pan. Then I trasfer them to a baking dish, add a cup of cream of chicken soup, I use cambells, and then add a drained can of mixed veggies. I then get out my bisquike and follow the recipe provided for busciuts. Put the bisquike on top and roast in the oven at 350 till the buiscuit topping is nice and golden brown. YUM YUM!

Nest one is, I prepare the chicken breast the same as above only dip into egg wash, in another bowl I have crushed ritz crackers, I roll the pieces in the cracker mixture and fry using olive oil, no salt, just pepper. You can serve with any side dishes, such as a salad and veggie. Actually since we grow potaoes here I use the same recipe with sliced boiled potatoes and bake in the oven at 350 till brown. I just don't smash them first, I boil them till tender then shock them in ice water before coating with egg wash and ritze crackers. My whole family loves these tators!

Another fatting one, I take left over chicken usually from a roasted one put into large pot, ad garlic, onion, two cups of water, two buillion cubes and bring to slow boil. Add some cut potatoes and cook until potatoes are almost done, but still firm. Mix the buisquike mixture according to directions for dumplings. Spoon the mixture in and cook at slow boil for 10 minutes, then cover and cook 10 more minutes. Men love this stick your ribs, cold day one! You know what they say about the way to a mans heart, well my man is cuddly fluffy and very happy.

Terry, these sound awesome and comfort foods are my favorite. Wish I could give you a hug right now!

Thanks Jill, I'm feeling your love and your hugs! Enjoy your comfort food while you can. You know we may not always agree, and have shown against each other in Harrington, but we know that both of us love our little guys, and if we need each other, the support is always there. Thanks for the hugs, love you sister!

Latest posts

Back