Easy Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breast Recipes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry, I didn't know you and I were in Harrington at the same time, but I would sincerely love to meet you one day
default_smile.png
We may be up there next year. I bet when it really comes down to it, we have more in common than not. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and we really are not so far. If there is something we could do to lift the workload, let me know -- [email protected] / 540-854-8510!

I made this for H and I this evening. It was good and easy!

Preheat oven to 375

Ingredients:

• 2 chicken breast halves (or one whole)
  • 1 can of cheese soup
  • 1 and 1/3 cup of hot water
  • 3/4 cup of uncooked rice
  • 2 cups frozen veggies (I used broccoli)
  • Small amount of shredded cheddar cheese (1/4 - 1/2 cup, or to your own tastes)

Mix the soup, water, rice and veggies in a bowl and pour into a casserole dish. Place the chicken on top and cover with an oven safe lid or tin foil.

The recipe I based this on said to bake at 375 for 50 minutes, however, I'd say more like an 1hr 20mins - 1.5 hours, for both the doness of the chicken and the doness of the rice. Probably depends on the thickness of the chicken breast and the sizes of the casserole dish.

10-15 minutes before it's ready to come out, top it with the shredded cheddar cheese and re-cover it.

Good and easy
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight I plan to make homemade baked Mac n cheese with chicken breast chunks baked in. I plan to pre cook the chicken breast chunks though. :)

Ok, I have a question. Love the idea of chicken cooking in the crock pot, but it always comes out really tough, not moist and juicy,. Any suggestions?

Take two chicken breasts, place between freezer paper and pound thin. Place both breasts into a rectangular baking dish which has been sprayed with Pam. Season breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Mix one can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of mushroom (although the other day I was out of mushroom soup so I used cheddar cheese soup and it was yummy) in a medium bowl. Spread soup over chicken. Place slices of baby swiss over soup. Make a box of stove top according to the instructions on the box. Spoon over the chicken/soup mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake until chicken is done.....an hour or two at 350.

You talk about good!!!!
That's just about what's for dinner tonight, and it smells SO good!
default_eat.gif

ETA, that was YUMMY! We'll be having the left overs of it tomorrow. I think the next time I fix it, I'm going to add some sherry to the soup (I uesed cream of mushroom), and some mushrooms. I may make this for H's ad my "Thanksgiving". My favorite holiday, but we always spend it split between his folks and mine. I make us our own celebration that Friday
default_wub.png

Ok, I have a question. Love the idea of chicken cooking in the crock pot, but it always comes out really tough, not moist and juicy,. Any suggestions?
I might have some insight. How many do you cook for? I normally just cook for H and myself, and when I use our big crock pot, I think there's so much hot surphace that it ends up cooking it too much. It works better for me, when I'm doing a smaller amount of chicken, to use a small crock pot.

We had chicken last night also! I put butter and olive oil on them, then sprinkled them lightly with Morton Nature's Season's and a small amount of italian bread crumbs. Baked at 375 for an hour. I made mashed potatos and french cut green beans with cheese to go with it! Yummy!!
default_eat.gif

So far, I've made the stuffing and chicken casserole several times for H and I and we both like it a lot, I've been using cream of mushroom soup and swiss cheese. Been adding some sherry to the soup and "tossing" the cut up chicken breast in that w/ some mushrooms. Really good
default_eat.gif

With it being fall and nippy today, I put a crock pot 'o soup on this morning. Just cut up some chicken breast, used a few boxes of chicken stock, a large bag of frozen mixed veggies, about 1/2 a bag of frozen corn, a little sherry, onion powder, and parsley flakes. I never measure it so not sure if this will be the best soup ever, but I've made it before and it's good and easy. Today is a "hay getting day" so late dinner and will serve it with some beer bread and tossed salad
default_eat.gif

Haven't actually read all of the recipes shared here so I apologize if there is one like this already but one of my favorite things to do with chicken breasts (and i admit to having a lot of recipes that call for them- they are a freezer staple) is as follows;

Pound skinless/boneless chicken breast flat, about 1/2inch thick +- One breast per person

Dip in a mix of egg and water - I don't measure but about 1/4 cup of water to 2 eggs would be usual, mix thoroughly with a fork

Follow that with a dip into flour mixed with Montreal steak spice (its a premix so I'm not sure if you can get it in the US- contains cracked pepper, garlic, lemon zest and ??)

Fry coated chicken in a non stick pan lightly coated with olive oil.

This cooks in minutes and my family loves it. I try to make extra so we can use the cold leftovers in sandwiches the next day.

I serve it with salad and a vegie, rarely any starch (since we are trying to decrease the starches in our diet and there is already flour on the meat ;))

Here's a weird sounding but delicious one, made it the other night..

Cook chicken breast chunks or boil and shred.

Mix 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cheese in a bowl. Add onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc if you want (I don't).

Spray baking dish with non stick spray.. Add a layer of cheese Doritos crunched up. Layer with the cheese soup mix, chicken and shredded cheese of your choice (Mexican blend, cheddar). Add more shredded cheese and whole Doritos on top. Bake at 350 until golden brown.

Sounds kinda weird, but it's a good cheesey goodness dish. You can top it however you want to customize it or serve with rice and beans.

Chicken and Rice Soup well sort of soup lol

1-2lbs of diced/cubed chicken breasts or chicken tenderloin -- I used about 9 chicken breast tenderloins

1 onion Chopped/diced

2 boxes of uncle bens fast cook long grain and wild rice

To make a super large pot add 2 cups of regular white rice

1 box of Chicken Stock or 2 if making a large pot

2-4 cups of water

Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan

add in onion

let cook until onions are soft

add chicken stock

bring to boil

add chicken

bring back to boil

then

let simmer for about 15 minutes or so

Add rice and seasoning packet ( there is plenty of salt so DO NOT add anymore)

add water

bring back to a boil

then simmer until rice is tender

then serve: took about 30 minutes or so for this recipe. We aren't done with the giant pot of I made 2 days ago. My kids love it they are 7 and 9. I did not cook the chicken before hand I think that might have made it tough.

I love this thread and have picked up several new favorite recipes here!!!

SIMPLE OVEN "STIR FRY"

This one is so easy, but also so good. You might not ever order Chinese take-out again!

Ingredients:

• 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken (either breasts of thighs) cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1 package of frozen stir-fry veggies, thawed (we like pepper strips and Asian style veggies -- the more veggies, the better, and it's good with onions, peppers, broccoli, carrots, snow peas, corn, etc. -- to your taste)
  • 1 envelope of "Shake 'N Bake" Teriyake or BBQ (again, your preference)
  • If it's to your taste, this is also good with peanuts or cashews

Steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
  2. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray (ie, Pam)
  3. Place fresh or thawed veggies in the bottom of the dish
  4. Put the bit sized raw pieces of chicken into the "Shake 'N Bake" bag and shake it well (you can do this in two sets if you want, by dividing the chicken)
  5. Place coaked chicken into the dish on top of the veggies and if there is any Shake 'N Bake left, sprinkle that over top
  6. Bake at 375 for approximately 30 minutes (depending on your oven, and how large the chicken chunks are)

This goes great over either steamed rice or egg noodles
default_eat.gif

Alice Springs Chicken.jpg

Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken

Recipe:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness

Lowry's Seasoning Salt

6 bacon slices
1/4 cup regular mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. ***Do not discard grease.***
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce that you made.

This is GOOD y'all!!

Latest posts

Back