Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine. He does well in country pleasure and obstacle driving. I hope one day to do VSE with him but the closest competition is 4 hours away. I also want to do the speed events with him.

3-11-2007-101.jpg

Driving my main man, Chili Pepper... we do combined driving

chilidarby3.847.jpg

chilitrotdressage3.jpg

4ceea729.jpg

027ef1bb.jpg

8fc2915c.jpg

My other driving gelding, Midnight. We are part of a mini horse driving drill team, lots of fun
default_smile.png
But these photos are from some of our few tries at show driving (the young girl is my friend's daughter):

morganmidnighdrive10.jpg

midnightdriveshow3.jpg

Even though I no longer own Sheik, we did a lot of different driving... combined driving, trails, obstacle, drill team, parades... (bummer, don't have the driving obstacle photos on my photobucket acct!)

e6745985.jpg

d6f891df.jpg

sheikwaterhaz2sm.jpg

And hubby and his 23 y/o boy Concho, they do combined driving and the drill team:

a54c5dcb.jpg

6ca7ed76.jpg

e38dd483.jpg

And this boy just went to the trainers 1.5 weeks ago to learn to drive, will be hubby's combined driving horse (Cruiser)

e3e00992.jpg

Jessi

What great driving pictures! Everyone's horses look great! Now, will someone with the CP horses explain to me what about them makes it is CP horse? I am trying to figure out what catagory my boy falls into as I hope to be able to show him in driving next year.

Thanks everyone!

Fancy Me, your horse is quite pretty
default_yes.gif
and you've got some great and appropriate equipment on her but may I make a suggestion? Try running the lines through the lowest loops down on her sides as this helps prevent her from spinning to face you and allows you to keep better contact on the reins while she gets through the inevitable green horse sillies. Move back to the highest rings right before you switch to the driving saddle and actually get her ready to hitch. The higher the rings = the more advanced the horse. Using lower rings lets you use the rein to help hold her hip on the circle and teach her to bend. You might also move the surcingle back just a little bit.

I want to post some of my newer combined driving pictures but don't have them loaded yet so I'll settle for the only recent photo I do have online.

KodyBeach.jpg

Here are two show pictures from July:

IMG_8131web.jpg

IMG_8129web.jpg

Both of those were taken at the Beavercreek CDE during the cones section where cantering is allowed.

Leia
default_saludando.gif
Hi Maxine here and I just have to tell Leia how much I love your carts and that harness is wonderful! Is that a Camptown Harness?

Also to Fancy ME, I like your Little Fancy Me! I think you're getting a good start!

Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Maxine!
default_saludando.gif
Yes, that's a Camptown Harness being used with an Ozark Mtn. Carriage harness bridle and put to a Graham Carriage Works Hyperbike and a Bellcrown Minicrown. I LOVE my Bellcrown! Best thing I ever bought.
default_laugh.png
It rides like a dream and looks great.

Leia

My boys and I don't know what we are doing when it comes to driving, but we have fun doing it!!

Dress up driving:

Halloween07080copy.jpg

Cat driving:

drivingrockyoct07008.jpg

Little boy driving:

1stdriverocky_10_07011.jpg

Shari said:
Leia, Is the Ozark bridle better than the Camptown one?
It's an aesthetics thing- I personally don't like the look of the blinkers and blinker stay on the sport harness bridle. The Ozark one I have has that special fancy browband I got and good blinkers and to me just looks nicer. If you asked Kody though, he prefers the Camptown! The curved crown spares his little ears. (It's the one thing we argue over where I've put my preferences over his. On the other hand, I cut him some slack for headshaking and trying to rub on people when he's in the one I prefer.
default_wink.png
)

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back