Driving Training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
Yesterday, my husband took his first driving lesson. Since there is no WAY I'd teach anyone with Shake, I put him with my old riding/driving instructor Connie who has some really well seasoned lesson horses. I was unable to go with him and watch the lesson as I was called into work. He texted me right after his lesson and he was absolutely ON FIRE about how great it was and how much fun it is going to be. He even said he wished tomorrow were Tuesday so he could have his next lesson. I am so happy!!

We spent two hours last night discussing skeletal anatomy, relative straightness, and I am making him a rein board today. WHOO-HOO!!!!

default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif

It is SO much easier when your better half is committed to the same sport as you are!
default_aktion033.gif
Good for you!

That is SO cool!

It's also as cute as can be! (absolutely no disrespect intended) I can just picture you two...pillow talk is a bit different for a horsey couple!)

Keith absolutely adores the horses and loves driving, but he is, at least for now, strictly a recreationa driver with little interest in the technical side or training issues. My broken arm, however, has been helpful in showing him another side.

Your hubby sounds like a peach!

Sounds just like my daughter she had her first lesson a few weeks ago now she can't get enough lessons and info. lol

Yesterday, my husband took his first driving lesson. Since there is no WAY I'd teach anyone with Shake, I put him with my old riding/driving instructor Connie who has some really well seasoned lesson horses. I was unable to go with him and watch the lesson as I was called into work. He texted me right after his lesson and he was absolutely ON FIRE about how great it was and how much fun it is going to be. He even said he wished tomorrow were Tuesday so he could have his next lesson. I am so happy!!

We spent two hours last night discussing skeletal anatomy, relative straightness, and I am making him a rein board today. WHOO-HOO!!!!

default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif

You sound like you realize this but I have to say it --- you are sooooo lucky to have a husband that is interested - at all, let alone wanting to compete. That type of guy is few and VERY far between. My hubby wants me to enjoy but has absolutely NO interest in working with caring for or showing the horses.

You got a great one! Mine loves my boys and considers them his "kids" but I don't think he'll ever have any interest in competing them. He just wants to love them and help me with them! (Which I'm not complaining about. It's cute having a guy who shows off pictures of my horses to his colonel.
default_wink.png
)

Leia

Latest posts

Back