Driving miniature horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

MaryFlora

Reaction score
He’s a beauty! Welcome to you both!

I think training could proceed normally after a couple of weeks healing. Did your vet offer any timeline?

Two of my minis had dental work and recovered very quickly.

Happy training!

Mom080917

Reaction score
He’s a beauty! Welcome to you both!

I think training could proceed normally after a couple of weeks healing. Did your vet offer any timeline?

Two of my minis had dental work and recovered very quickly.

Happy training!
Thank you. He had the dental 7 yrs ago. Not sure if I can use a bit evem what kind or if it would bug him since he has a tooth missing.

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
My new horse has a slight parrot mouth. I took him for dental as soon as i got him. It had been many years since his teeth had been done. Giant hooks. Some were so long he will have to have them worked on over the years--rather like dog claws that have not been trimmed in a long time. But nothing is interfering with a bit. Please have a dental done before introducing a bit to your handsome boy.

Dragon Hill

Reaction score
I would have a dental done also. The vet will be able to tell you what is going on with his teeth and if there will be any issues with using a bit with him. If he does have something currently that would make using a bit a problem there are all sorts of bitless bridle options out there. If you do a search here on the forum of "bitless" you can get some ideas. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your beautiful boy.

Latest posts