Driving teeny's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we dont' make or sell harness's but I can tell you that my friend had a small one custom made i THINK by star lake. they took the measurements at nationals. I dont' think it was horribly expensive and would be well worth it for those with teeny's i'd say. the quality was good too.

edited to ad she said she thought she paid about $325 for it..and keep in mind this was all custom sized for her little guy so that's not bad at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the process of training my 28" silver white (gelded last year) gelding to drive...he has had the harness on and I had to make a lot of adjustments. Its leather so I used my trusty leather punch for some new holes here and there.

He did well last fall but haven`t had any decent weather for it yet this year.

I am really getting anxious!!!
default_yes.gif

I love to drive!!
default_yes.gif

Yes, I am sure I will get some stares from people driving by...but he can do it and I will not give him more than he can handle. Also, I did find a small show cart with 16" wheels..just his size!!

Our 29 inch stallion has his Hall Of Fame in Country Pleasure Driving. We also drive him single -- also have a 29 inch mare that I drive as well & the two of them are my "team" for competition. They do shows, fairs , parades & for 5 years have driven Mrs. Sant Claus in our hitch wagon at the Sant Claus Parade in Harriston.

They have no problem with either the carts or the wagon. We use a Lutke harness for show driving in single & had a team harness made for them.

We have a Superior & a Jerald cart -- both work well.

John drives them in the "big" hitch wagon but I have a tiny "little red wagon" that I drive the team in. Love driving the two of them -- either single or in the pair.

I just wanted to add that I have a teeny that I will be training to ground drive as soon as I get some equipment altered to fit him, so I will be eagerly watching this thread. However, I wanted to say that I'm one of the few that like the draft horse style and in my search for show halters found this website (below). I think that when it comes time to buy a harness I will buy it from them. The halters I bought are nice. They are mainly a draft store but are selling some things in mini size and take custom measurements for all their harnesses, so I'm assuming whichever harness I buy will fit my horse well. You might want to check it out:

www.mydrafthorse.com

I hope Sheri doesn't mind, but I just had to post this photo of her tiny guy, Spunky, tearing things up with their Hyperbike. He's a true pocket rocket...

03SheridrivingSpunky5-26-0701.jpg

Dancer is 30" tall and I have been driving her for 2 years now, and I will probably drive her in the shows this year. I use a Jerald cart that can be converted into a roadster cart, but I never have converted it into roadster. She has never struggled with it, but she used to struggle with our old Meadowbrook cart. It was very heavy, even for our 37" mare.

I've noticed thats sometimes when the sand in an arena is very deep it makes it harder for the smaller minis to drive!

Latest posts

Back