driving a team

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabrina

Reaction score
i am looking into possibly trading my barrel saddle and what not for a team harness/buggie and possibly the gelding with it. it would mean training one of my other minis to drive. i would love imput on the pros and cons of driving a team and advice on breaking to drive in a team. thank you

We drive a team of palomino geldings that are 31 inches tall, and just love it. They pull a John Deere buckboard. They were trained by an Amish man and they are well trained. They were trained as singles and then put together and trained as a team. They are much stronger as a team and can pull more weight obviously. We keep them pastured together and with no other horses so they stay completely used to each other and no other horses. They are half brothers and look like twins. Our biggest challenge was getting all the harness hitched correctly the first few times we did it. They are great and double the fun of just one.

Gorgeous: Do you have pix of your team? I would love to see them.

Sabrina, a team sounds like fun- I have no experience with it but would like to try a team or tandem some day
default_smile.png

Back