Dream's Foal Thread!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha you won't be able to stop me from showing off photos especially if the foal is a cutee!!! lol

have you seen photos of my other foal...? Finn? the thread is Suzie had a gorgeous colt... theres some pics of him in there... he has a partial blue eye and is my little man! hopeing for a girl from Penny though
default_yes.gif

what are you hoping for from Dream?

have you done the ring test??

are you able to get some new photos of her?
default_aktion033.gif

haha you won't be able to stop me from showing off photos especially if the foal is a cutee!!! lol

have you seen photos of my other foal...? Finn? the thread is Suzie had a gorgeous colt... theres some pics of him in there... he has a partial blue eye and is my little man! hopeing for a girl from Penny though
default_yes.gif

what are you hoping for from Dream?

have you done the ring test??

are you able to get some new photos of her?
default_aktion033.gif

LOL!!

No, I havent, I should go check him out! He sounds amazing!

For Dream, I am hoping for a filly, she has had two colts in the past, so its time for a girl haha.
default_laugh.png
I am really hoping for some color, thats for sure, but just that its healthy is really the main thing.
default_yes.gif

I am actually going to go out to see her friday or saturday, I am boarding her at Vandy's until the foal is weened, then she will come back to our place. So I will get some new photos of her soon!
default_smile.png

Yes, you have a bunch of dedicated ladies here -- and when the time gets close we're all awake and watching!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Hehe thank you!! I really helps me out a lot!
default_wub.png

That's the same with penny, she has had two colts so hoping for a filly as no 3
laugh.gif
Here's hoping the filly fairy comes to us ;
wink.gif

Yay for piccies can't wait
wub.gif

Just an update!

I went to go see Dream today, and when I got to the ranch, totally forgot my camera, but I am going to see her tomorrow, so I will definitely bring my camera.
default_wink.png

Dream's bag has gotten REALLY full in the past week, its like the size of a pear. I was able to get collorstrum out, but not enough to test to see when she will go. Her butt is super soft, like jelly, so thats always a good sign! And her hooha is getting longer, but she is not ready yet. I am guessing she will go this week, but who knows.
default_laugh.png

I am really sorry for not being on top of things, I am new at this, so bare with me, lol!

default_saludando.gif
sounds like she,s only got maybe a few days to go keep a close eye on her b/c she is sounding really close as soon as her udders get really warm thats the day she,ll foal...good luck i cant wait
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
sounds like she,s only got maybe a few days to go keep a close eye on her b/c she is sounding really close as soon as her udders get really warm thats the day she,ll foal...good luck i cant wait
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hello! Yes I hope she goes in a few days, prefferably sunday or monday, just not tuesday or friday, because I have school and finals, lol.

I actually never heard of her udders being warm and thats the day she has it, good to know, now I can look out for that, thanks!
default_biggrin.png

YAY how exciting... come on girl! where are these pics?? lol we will forgive you this once lol

so... have we got camera connection.... will we be watching just in time for the big event??

yes its true about the udder, Suzie's was HOT the night she foaled... she also had wax the day she foaled.

have you got milk testing strips? sorry can't remember if you do or not...

can;t wait to see the piccies!!!! we are here anxiously waiting with you!!!
default_wub.png

YAY how exciting... come on girl! where are these pics?? lol we will forgive you this once lol

so... have we got camera connection.... will we be watching just in time for the big event??

yes its true about the udder, Suzie's was HOT the night she foaled... she also had wax the day she foaled.

have you got milk testing strips? sorry can't remember if you do or not...

can;t wait to see the piccies!!!! we are here anxiously waiting with you!!!
default_wub.png

LOL, I know, I know...I have been bad...lol, I will definitely get pics up tomorrow!

That is so great to know, now I can look out for that. Yes, I have milk test strips.
default_biggrin.png

Ok, So my mother looked at the marewatchers website, and she just doesn't know if that will work. Is it still active? There hasn't been anything new since 2010, and I dont know if that matters or not. If it doesn't, then I will talk to my mother and see if we can hook the cams up tomorrow. Now its not going to be the best, as our camera is wireless, and it says that they prefer wired, so just warning you.
default_wink.png

Just told her, and she wants to know from you guy's if you guy's think its alright to put her up on.
default_smile.png

Yes, I think Amanda is very happy but you best talk to her. If you want to catch her foaling then marestare/marewatchers is the way to go, she will be watched more or less 24/7 I have had only 7 mini foals but the first time I actually caught one foaling was last year on cam, these girls are really sly.

I hadn't heard of marewatchers before Amanda, but it has been working really well for her so far... and its a bit cheaper then marestare which is what alot of us use...

my camera for Suzie was wireless, and while it wasn't to the standard of Heidi's LOL (I will explain, Heidi has Peanut and Cameron, she is lovely, and takes extremely excellent care of her horses, her set up is amazing lol we were all joking that the stable was Diane's bedroom hehe was so much fun!) anyway, the wireless cams do the job very well, as long as we can see the mare we are happy!!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

It sounds as though Dream is getting very close to showing us all her new baby - you must be so excited - we are all so excited!!

Please remember that camera today!!

My cam is wireless too Cassie but the image is really good. I am going to buy another one this year cos first up to foal is Odette who likes to foal outside
new_shocked.gif
so I want another cam to follow her every move when she is out.

Yes, I think Amanda is very happy but you best talk to her. If you want to catch her foaling then marestare/marewatchers is the way to go, she will be watched more or less 24/7 I have had only 7 mini foals but the first time I actually caught one foaling was last year on cam, these girls are really sly.
I agree- with marestare you have so many helpful watching eyes for your babies.

My camera is wireless and I haven't seen what the stream looks like online since she isn't streaming yet but my pictures are great.

This is my cam system- but I got it on sale at walmart on black friday:

http://www.uniden.com/video-surveillance/wireless-security-surveillance-system/invt/udw155g/

Hey everyone, just an update on getting Dream online, although we've tried to work it out with the stables, it doesn't look like I will be able to put her on the interent but I will keep you all updated as much as possible. Thank you very much for your interest. As of today, there hasn't been much change since yesterday.

Thank you guys again for being here with me, I did get some pictures though!!
default_aktion033.gif

DSCN0384.JPG

DSCN0381.JPG

Never mind, as long as she has someone watching her in case she needs help. She is looking good and maybe a day or two for her to fill those nipples
aktion033.gif

HES HERE!! Hes here, hes here, hes here!!! Yay! Its a colt! And solid white, but still adorable! I would like you all to meet, Dreams colt!he is SUPER leggy, going to be big like momma! I can see some creamy colors on his ears and around his back, so if he does have cream on him, then that proves that his daddy carries the cream gene.
default_wub.png

404514_243462545731342_100002027966954_545633_1870318298_n.jpg

421262_243462909064639_100002027966954_545640_460229627_n.jpg

426879_243463219064608_100002027966954_545646_715223393_n.jpg

426227_243463315731265_100002027966954_545649_462709521_n.jpg

405925_243463462397917_100002027966954_545653_636406118_n.jpg

398582_243462789064651_100002027966954_545638_1262064109_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Congratulations, he is adorable
aktion033.gif
Come on we want all the details, when, how, were you there???

birthday.gif
birthday.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Congratulations, he is adorable
aktion033.gif
Come on we want all the details, when, how, were you there???

birthday.gif
birthday.gif

Thank you! Ok, so I was at a home, and my trainer was at the ranch, and Dream went down, and she called my mom, and then my mom woke me up and we went there, she already had the foal before we got there. she foaled at 4:00am in the morning on sunday, so he is only a couple hours old. He is a max sabino, although he has some creamy colors on his ears and body, so he might be something else, which would prove that his daddy carries the creme gene. He is SUPER leggy, he is so tall, he is definitely going to be big. When I got there, he was just trying to walk around, he was being stubborn and not eating, so my trainer was trying to get him to eat. he finally got enough for the night, and today he is doing just fine.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back