Dream aborted...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leena,I'm so sorry for your loss, it's so disappointing! I'm glad your mare is doing well.

Size compared to a hoof pic, foal would be 3 months along...does this look normal size to you? I figured it would be larger by now..sire is 32" and dam is 32.5"
I don't think it's an unusual size, the photo I have on my webpages of an approx. 3 month fetus is 7.5" I don't now how long a hoof pick is but I would guess it's around the same size. With your permission I would like to save the photos and info you posted to add to my fetus development pages, I will be updating the pages this winter.
Kim, i have some additional photos i will send you as well ...i believe the foal was about 94-95 days (from looking at your site) but i have some other photos i will send you. Feel free to use any of the photos you wish.

Thanks everyone, she seems normal this morning but the vet will be out in a bit just for a check up
default_smile.png

Leeana, I'm SO sorry Dream lost the colt. May your DREAM come true in 2010.

{{{hugs}}}

So sorry to hear you lost your foal. Sending good wishes for your mare

Kay

Leeana,

I just got on the computer after being gone for a day. I'm shocked!
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm SO sorry Dream lost her foal; I know how much you love that mare and Narko. I'm glad she's doing well, but as for the reason...you may never know. As others have said I don't think the ThyroL was an issue.

Sorry again. I know it's heartbreaking. Hugs to you.
default_wub.png

Sorry about loosing your foal.
default_sad.png

We have a Supreme Dream daughter too that it was her first year to foal but she absorbed it and it was our only bred mare this year.

So sorry you lost your foal *hugs* I, too, lost one. My mare Ruby aborted hers at 4 months today. I took photos, too, and did it next to a ruler, but the photos are stlll on my camera as of now. Prob won't get to them tonight, maybe tomarrow or Sunday.

*hugs* I know how you feel
default_sad.png

Edit to add: When I found the baby this morning, it was cold, not sure what time she aborted. But she didn't show any interest in it, and it was in the sac still. She does have a filly with her, not sure if that made a difference, or if they just don't have a hard time, emotionally, with it this early in the pregnancy? She lost one full term before and she was devastated over him, so i'm thankful she is emotionaly ok this time. I think it might be harder on me?

Jessi

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so sorry, Leeana. You'll make it through.

You have other Narko babies on the way still, right?

Thanks Alex, yes i have one other mare in foal to Nark for 2009....needless to say i will be watching this mare like a hawk now.

Wa-Full Benita amhr/aspc, a Benihana daughter who is a double superior dam and multiple national/top 10 produce of dam winner..

AAAABenit.jpg

God, please take care of this foal for me between now and may, then i will take over from there
default_wub.png

default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png
So sorry for the loss of your colt...better luck with next year and praying all goes well with this other mare for this year!!!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

I'm sorry for your loss Leanna.

Leeana, I am terribly sorry for your loss. You, Benita, and the unborn baby will be in my thoughts and prayers until May.

Latest posts

Back