Does anyone here also raise miniature cattle?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I get more fencing done, I want a few!!

Nancy Mindlin in Pa. has some of the nicest I've seen. I Love getting her new baby photos, they are so cute and most are very colorful. Her prices are also very reasonable. Here are a few photos from her Website:

BobbiSoxMuffet.jpg

PaintZebuCow.jpg

Kyanne.jpg

Tiffy2.jpg

Muffit4.jpg

Dolly3.jpg

Price is a hold back
default_frusty.gif
But, I have wanted a mini Jersey for a long, long time. Actually for a milk cow. You know they are just tooooo cute for "table use".

I'd love to go to Mindlin website.......do you have the url?

I mean those guys are AWESOME......I'd be thrilled with ANY of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone..haven't been able to respond to this post as I couldn't log in as I changed browser's from Google Chrome from IE and for some reason it would not work. Anyway we raise miniature Hereford cattle. Now they aren't as small as the ones I have seen pictured as miniature herefords are the tallest of the miniature, but here are some good reason's why you might want them:

http://www.atouchofwyoming.com/Hereford-Cattle.html

CattlePicture1.jpg

This picture was taken last summer with a weanling heifer calf on the left, our bull, Bo Jangles in the middle, and two yearling heifers on the right. Bo the bull is a 4-year-old and stand's only 44" tall. I'll take a picture of of my standing behind him...I am 5' 5" tall...the cross-bred smaller miniatures ARE really cute and make good pets, but the mini herefords are best for the freezer. We didn't pay $50,000. for them, but they are a bit pricier than regular cattle(although cattle prices are way up-go-- figure when the economy is WAY down?)...we love them and very happy we have them. If you want cattle that are still small, still cute, but something to raise for the freezer, look into them..

Jenny

I'm like Bess; I have long loved Jerseys--they are such a pretty breed, and the idea of a 'mini'version really appeals to me. They are way out of my price range, or I'd seriously want to own one!

Margo

Latest posts

Back