Do you have a Christmas card to spare?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin1

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I received this today from a friend who is in a support group for those who have loved ones in Iraq. I checked this out on the Fox news website and it is sadly true. No matter how you feel about the military or the war in Iraq, this young man deserves batter. So if you have an extra card I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Robin

On Dec. 9th on the FOX morning news/talk show, there was a story about

Col.

Ollie North and Col. Hunt (both members of the FOX news staff) visiting

wounded US mil service members at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. They

were

talking to a recently wounded in Iraq Marine, Joshua Sparling, who is

recovering/re-hab'ing. On a wall next to the young Marine's bed was a

single

card that said someting akin to "die Marine".....

Some anti-war and anti-US military puke had sent this Marine a "I hope

you

die" get well card. It was the only card that this brave kid had

received. True to form,

he put it on the wall next to his bed as an inspiration to recover,

rehab

and get back to is unit and USMC buds.

Both the Colonels and the FOX news people thought this brave kid was an

inspiration and certainly deserving better than a one time "go die"

card....

Name: Joshua Sparling

C/O Walter Reed Army Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue NW

Washington, D.C 20307-5001

Robin,

Thanks so much for sharing this information with us.

Will get my card in mail today.

This is something that each of us can do to make this young man's recovery special. Hopefully it will also let him know how much we appreciate what he's doing for us at home.

Judy

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting one from me too!!
smile.gif

Well I sent one and got three of my neighbors to sign cards also. They all went out in todays post. I spent time overseas with the U.S. Army and know that anything you get from home has alot of meaning for those receiving them. Of course that war was much less popular than this one is. Many Viet Nam era soldiers they rarely got mail at all. When you are 18 or 19 how many people do you know who will take time to write. This is a good thing we are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what about having kids at school send him cards? I know that elementary kids LOVE doing these types of things.....and it doesn't have to be christmas at all in the spirit of the season they could just send get well wishes.........I think tomorrow I will print out the info you sent and see what our pricipal has to say
wink.gif

You are all so wonderful.
wub.gif
wub.gif
I knew I could count on you all.
yes.gif
yes.gif

Robin

I love the fact that this young marine is using this hate card as inspiration to get well. I'll definitely send a card. Glad to.

I'm very shocked that someone could send something so hurtful. What a shame.

I just put Joshua's Christmas card in the mail. Thanks Robin for bringing this our attention
aktion033.gif

Count on me too, going out in todays mail. I wonder how many others could use just a simple card to cheer them up this holiday season, its so sad! Thank you Robin, for letting us know. Corinne

I hope this young man is overwhelmed with good wishes. I've copied this and forwarded it to my family and friends and will send out my cards this week.

In addition to the Red Cross link on the Michelle Malkin site, there's a site called Operation AC where you can adopt a soldier too. We adopted one last year, but he's come home now, so I should sign up for a new one.

I wish I could send him something more then just a card. I will just have to make this card extra special. Maybe I shall include a cute pic of my horses so he can have something to smile at.

Back