Something you won't see on the news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know y'all better whatch what your saying........"they" may be listening in on us
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

As for our wonderful troops I support them whole heartedly they are doing a job, that those of us sitting at our computers debating the topic of the day, are not willing to do but are happy to accept the rewards. Where my opinion stands on the entire war is not important what is, is our troops fighting for something they believe in.........so I ask..............When was the last time YOU (ordinary american) fought for something you believed in ??

Good point...and it humbles me to have it pointed out to me!
default_unsure.png
:

As for our wonderful troops I support them whole heartedly they are doing a job, that those of us sitting at our computers debating the topic of the day, are not willing to do but are happy to accept the rewards. Where my opinion stands on the entire war is not important what is, is our troops fighting for something they believe in.........so I ask..............When was the last time YOU (ordinary american) fought for something you believed in ??

Good point...and it humbles me to have it pointed out to me!
default_unsure.png
:

I second that
default_yes.gif
:

Please, please, please do a bit more research on this whole fiasco. It basically boils down to a vendetta. It has also been fueled -weaponry- by a surprising "head-of-state".

BTW...Good point that you can hate the mission but love and respect those that are out there busting there asses for "freedom".

I object to the basic proposition that the "press" is automatically ignoring anything good. There isn't much good in a war, but this fellow seems to be.

The fact is that from the very beginning of the war: You don't see the "same old" coffins. You don't see ANY coffins because the press was barred & still is, from showing the returning flag-drapped coffins. (3,000+ now) Admistration was/is afraid it would hit too close to home & make us think war is "bad." (oh, but it's so good for big business!)

2nd fact: reporters in Iraq are not at freedom to go anywhere & do anything they need to do to get real news. They are imbedded with the troops, and not allowed on their own, so how miuch of the other side do they see, other than combat?

Please think before you acuse. Just because the man is in uniform doesn't mean the press or liberals hate him. I am both of those things............and I hate the stupidity that put him in harm's way. Not the man or his story.
default_yes.gif
:

It is their commander-in-chief that I object to wholeheartedly. The one who puts their lives at risk for the sake of his own ego rather than going after the known source of terror, Osama bin Laden and his ilk...the one who has given us multi[ple fallacious reasons why we are in Iraq (and now headed in all likelihood for Iran)...the one who sees nothing wrong with failing to fulfill our obligations to those loyal soldiers when they come home and have little or no healthcare.
Ya, after BJ Clinton let him go so many times
default_yes.gif
:
Nice low-blow there "farmhand"!:aktion033: . Since when does a blow-job put the lives of soldiers and civilians needlessly at risk?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is their commander-in-chief that I object to wholeheartedly. The one who puts their lives at risk for the sake of his own ego rather than going after the known source of terror, Osama bin Laden and his ilk...the one who has given us multi[ple fallacious reasons why we are in Iraq (and now headed in all likelihood for Iran)...the one who sees nothing wrong with failing to fulfill our obligations to those loyal soldiers when they come home and have little or no healthcare.
Ya, after BJ Clinton let him go so many times
default_yes.gif
:
Nice low-blow there "farmhand"!:aktion033: . Since when does a blow-job put the lives of soldiers and civilians needlessly at risk?

Why is that a low blow? It's the truth, or don't you believe in the truth?

Hope this works:

This says it all!

Watch until the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another log on the fire: It's been said again & again, by Dems and Repubs alike, that George Bush will go down in history as the worst president of the U.S. EVER.........he has done more damage to this country than ANY president before him. Financially alone, in his first six years, he has spent more money than ALL U.S. presidents COMBINED!

Now he's worried about his "image" in history. Should have thot of that 6 years ago. Oh, and by the way, he wasn't "elected" either time. It was handed to him. Look it up. :eek:

Thanks Rori, you always say it so well. The post began as a tribute to what our soldiers do every day and are seldom recognized for yet some just can't resist turning it into a political debate every time. :eek:

As far as I'm concerned, you can all keep your politics! My brother-in-law just came back from a tour that he volunteered for. He's a good man and we were fearful, every single day he was gone. He did this FOR HIS COUNTRY, just like so many others are doing. Now you can turn this into a political battle, luckily for you, there are people like him out there willing to defend your freedom to do so.
default_poke.gif
:

I wholeheartedly support our troops, and until they're all home, I will continue to keep them in my prayers, it's the least I can do for the freedoms that I am so blessed to have.

Presidential crap aside, these men and women deserve our respect and our support.

Off my soapbox now.

Jodi

Thanks Rori, you always say it so well. The post began as a tribute to what our soldiers do every day and are seldom recognized for yet some just can't resist turning it into a political debate every time. :eek:
Actually it isn't much of a debate, just people expressing their opinions (me included) If I offended anyone I apologize, but the truth of the matter remains that we have not been attacked since 9/11, plots have been foiled (many of which we will never know about) and this is a FREE Country and we are able to express our opinions as we wish. You can find stuff on the internet to sway your opinion anyway you want to bolster your side, as you said this is for the Men & Woman that are protecting us
default_wub.png
: OK I'm done :lol:

Presidential crap aside, these men and women deserve our respect and our support.

Off my soapbox now

Jodi I totally agree.I also agree with the fact this whole thing is sad I understand in a way what the person talking about (stormo41) Or at least my take on what they said is..

Of course war is sad it is horrible that anyone in our armed forces is forced to in short kill or be killed. It is sad that sons and daughters, mothers and fathers are dying daily on both sides. It is sad that some countries dont have the rights we do and dont have therefore the ability to truly make informed decisions that might not conform to the rest of there country. It is sad that politics always seems to bring arguments and rightousness.

However while I can see and appreciate the sadness in all of it and all the deaths and tragedies that doesnt in any way take away from the fact that I am so proud and grateful that our armed services is willing to do this for our country. In fact to be totally honest the intense self sacrifice they make by being there sometimes is really overwhelmingly hard for me to understand(to be totally honest I am not sure I could do that ok I am more to the sureness I might not be able to)- and yet at the same time overwhelmingly fills me with pride and gratitude.

I think all of us want them all home here safe and sound and soon.

Off my soapbox now

Jodi I totally agree.I also agree with the fact this whole thing is sad I understand in a way what the person talking about (stormo41) Or at least my take on what they said is..

Of course war is sad it is horrible that anyone in our armed forces is forced to in short kill or be killed. It is sad that sons and daughters, mothers and fathers are dying daily on both sides. It is sad that some countries dont have the rights we do and dont have therefore the ability to truly make informed decisions that might not conform to the rest of there country. It is sad that politics always seems to bring arguments and rightousness.

However while I can see and appreciate the sadness in all of it and all the deaths and tragedies that doesnt in any way take away from the fact that I am so proud and grateful that our armed services is willing to do this for our country. In fact to be totally honest the intense self sacrifice they make by being there sometimes is really overwhelmingly hard for me to understand(to be totally honest I am not sure I could do that ok I am more to the sureness I might not be able to)- and yet at the same time overwhelmingly fills me with pride and gratitude.

I think all of us want them all home here safe and sound and soon.

I agree!! I know for myself I couldn't do what these brave soldiers are doing for our country...and I have A LOT of respect for them for doing a job VOLUNTEERILY just so WE can have the freedoms we take for granted daily.

In my other posts I got stuck on the politics of it all, but the original post was meant to honor a selfless person who put himself in harm's way for his troops and our country...and for his part and every other soldier out there serving, I appreciate and am proud of them!

I may not agree with WHY they are over there, but the fact remains they are and I support them and wish them well and to come home safely!

Actually, if you read the tag line this wasnt a tribute to start with, it was a stab at the media. The story about the Marine was secondary. If it were truly a tribute, the tag line wouldnt have been so arguementative. The 'liberal' media does show both sides, I have seen many stories of good happening in Iraq. But, since people want to perpetuate their agenda 'liberal media bad, conservative media good' , they, themselves, are the ones that scew the truth for their own agenda. Or even worse, dont ever wathc 'liberal' media and just throw out 'facts' like gospel.

I wish there was a bipartisan group that would see how many good/bad things are said by CNN/FOXNews in a week, and post the true results. Bet people would be suprised.

Actually, you'd be hard pressed to find anything in any media liberal or conservative that has anything positive to say about anything under the sun. I'd enjoy reading all these positive media stories you are finding in the liberal press Pepipony so maybe you can post a link when and if you find one. I don't know for sure but I suspect this was not on main stream news because there is such a lack of it anywhere that shows the military in a good light. The military has to do their own PR unless it's bad or no one will.

I'm sure the title of the post was more due to the OPs frustration with the lack of anything positive being said about the military in general. OK Robin now we are going to have to court martial you for being a military sympathizer.
default_wink.png
: :bgrin

Last edited:
I am extremely proud of all the men & women who serve our country. They put their lives on the line to protect us. War is not something that should be celebrated, but the courage of anyone who puts themselves in that position should be. I am not for the war but I strongly support the troops. My boyfriend is a proud member of the National Guard & he may be sent over very soon. As much as I hate it, I am proud to even know him, as well as all the other Army boys I have been blessed to know. Just about everyone of my close male friends has joined the New Hampshire National Guard. It tears me to pieces, but they are doing what they feel is right. THey want to protect their families & friends.

Again, I dont support the war, but to be able to face an enemy like Brian Chontosh did to protect the Marines under his leadership is an amazing thing.

[SIZE=12pt]Stand behind the troops or in front of the enemy. [/SIZE]

I commend all of you that still have a positive outlook on the war and to those that don't I challenge you with this. Go online and search for the videos that show the towers crumbling to the ground. Go online to the video that shows the beheading of Nick Berg but mind you it will turn your stomach. I think that the news needs to replay both of these videos on a monthly basis lest we should forget. Yes I was working for the government when all this happened and I can tell you that I will never forget the feeling of hopelessness not knowing where and when we were going to be hit again. How many of you were afraid to go anywhere that people congregated right after 9/11, I know I was. We were no longer safe in our own backyard, and these people that attacked us did not care if it was a military target or civilians to them there is no such thing as collateral damage. We are the only country in the world with the exception of Canada and England that believe and abide by the Geneva Convention. I think it is high time that we finally say to he?? with the Geneva Convention lets go in there and do what we need to do and then get out. Better yet lets just supply Isreal with all the weapons they need and let them do whatever they want. The Isrealies are not afraid to go to battle for what they believe and believe me they shoot first and ask questions last.

Anyway now I will get off my soapbox. All I ask is that those of you who think that we have no right to be in Iraq just think for one minute, how would you feel if there was another attack here in the US and your loved one was lost in that attack, then would we be justified.

Thank you to all the past and future military people that have served this great country and given us the freedom to be able to post our thoughts freely and without fear of persecution on this board or any other board we choose. And thank you to all of our friends in other countries that have helped us to keep this country and many others free.

A Proud American Veteran and one that would serve again if I could.

Latest posts

Back