Something you won't see on the news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am incredibly proud of our soldiers and am in awe of the sacrifices they make for our country.
It is their commander-in-chief that I object to wholeheartedly. The one who puts their lives at risk for the sake of his own ego rather than going after the known source of terror, Osama bin Laden and his ilk...the one who has given us multi[ple fallacious reasons why we are in Iraq (and now headed in all likelihood for Iran)...the one who sees nothing wrong with failing to fulfill our obligations to those loyal soldiers when they come home and have little or no healthcare.

I am so proud of those who fight and have fought for our country...I only wish the man at the top accorded them the same respect!

[SIZE=12pt]To put it simply, I pray for every one - every night. Our people in the army, air force, navy, our policemen, firefighters, ambulance drivers, emt's, - all of those who risk there lives for us. [/SIZE]

Lori

And wow Bush sure did make use of his 8 months prior to 9/11. He really showed Bin Laden the door WOOHOOO! Go Shrub GO!! He even put the whammy on the Saudi Royals, ya know, Bin Ladens family. Show them he did
First: 8 months vs. 8 yrs. Yep I can see where you would think that it was Bush that screwed it up. Don't forget that the exiting administration (that are supposed) to help get the new administration started, found it of more useful to see what they could steal out of Air Force One, take all the W's off the computer keyboards, and other mature things.

As for the Saudi's, Why would we go after them???? Yes, they are his family, but since they had long since thrown him out the only thing that could come from going after them would be that Osama would get a good laugh.

Try to remember that unless you are a Muslim that believes as they do, YOU are an infidel!! In other words, you need to die, there is NO conversation about it, you must die!!!!

Have you had an opportunity to watch any of the videos they send around to encourage this? They state flat out that the whole plan is to take over their area (getting rid of Israel first) then Europe, then the USA. Only when they have gone around the world getting rid of infidels till "they" are the only ones left will their job be done.

By the way, I am NOT saying all Muslims believe this but a large part of them do.

Robin

Edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
We lost several family members from 911, that were firefighters. It is a very touchy subject
I am so sorry for your losses. Many of my family are in the police, firefighter, paramedic fields. I can not imagine what you have gone through.

I wish the news media would show the towers coming down and the plane flying into the Pentagon, lets not forget flight 93, every few months to remind people what happened. I know, I know, everybody says they remember and we'll never forget. Actions speak louder than words, and sadly people have forgotten. :no:

This song says it all.

Have You Forgotten?

by Darryl Worley

album: Have You Forgotten? (2003)

I hear people sayin'. We Don't need this war

But I say there's some things worth fightin' for.

What about our freedom and this piece of ground?

We didn't get to keep em' by backing down.

They say we don't realize the mess we're gettin in

Before you start your preachin' let me ask you this my friend.

Chorus

Have you forgotten how it felt that day,

To see your homeland under fire

And her people blown away

Have you forgotten when those towers fell

We had neighbors still inside goin through a livin heck

And you say we shouldn't worry about Bin Laden

Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my TV

Said it's too disturbin for you and me

It'll just breed anger is what the experts say

If it was up to me I'd show it every day

Some say this country's just out lookin' for a fight

Well after 9-11 man I'd have to say that's right.

Chorus

Have you forgotten how it felt that day

To see your homeland under fire

And her people blown away

Have you forgotten when those towers fell

We had neighbors still inside goin through a livin heck

And we vow to get the ones behind Bin Laden

Have you forgotten?

I'v been there with the soldiers

Who've gone away to war

And you can bet that they remember just what they're fighting for

Have you forgotten

All the people killed

Yes some went down like heroes

In that Pennsylvania field

Have you forgotten

About our Pentagon

All the loved ones that we lost

And those left to carry on.

Don't you tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden

Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?!

108-fire_angel.jpg

Edited to add photo.

To me that is nothing to be proud of. A single man sloughtering 20 men who probably have famlies of their own, Wives, childeren, parents, Parents who have to burry their childeren because of America oh yes Hoo-Raw! to that.
Stormo, I can't believe no one has commented on your assinine statement yet....so I will.

No........on second thought I won't. To try to reason with someone who is so oblivious to how idiotic your post is would be pointless.

However, I will point out that the men and women who serve, and who have served, our country, fought and died to give you the right to make such ridiculous statements.

Signed:

A veteran - and darned proud of it!!!

And British, we just lost another one.

Americans, I can understand where you are coming form, I really do, we lived through WW2 on out own.

BUT you are NOT alone out there, our Men (and Women) are receiving medals, and NO press, or little press, and dying, too.

Remember that, please.

PLEASE????
default_smile.png

I DO remember Jane. I know of your losses and your turmoil because of them. I pray it will all be over soon so everyone can return to their lives.

I am incredibly proud of our soldiers and am in awe of the sacrifices they make for our country.

It is their commander-in-chief that I object to wholeheartedly. The one who puts their lives at risk for the sake of his own ego rather than going after the known source of terror, Osama bin Laden and his ilk...the one who has given us multi[ple fallacious reasons why we are in Iraq (and now headed in all likelihood for Iran)...the one who sees nothing wrong with failing to fulfill our obligations to those loyal soldiers when they come home and have little or no healthcare.

I am so proud of those who fight and have fought for our country...I only wish the man at the top accorded them the same respect!
DITTO that!!!!

SoldierGreeted.jpg

Those of you who might not know, the man on the left is the Commandant of the Marine Corps, and he is proud to know the man on the right.

Maybe you'd like to hear about a real American, somebody who honored the uniform he wears

Meet Brian Chontosh

Churchville-Chili Central School

Class of 1991.

Proud graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Husband and about-to-be father. First lieutenant (now Captain) in the United States Marine Corps.

And a genuine hero, the secretary of the Navy said so yesterday.

At 29 Palms in California Brian Chontosh was presented with the Navy Cross, the second highest award for combat bravery the United States can bestow.

That's a big deal. But you won't see it on the network news tonight

And all you'll read in Brian's hometown newspaper is two paragraphs of nothing.

And we're almost on a first-name basis with the jerks who abused the Iraqi prisoners. And we know all about improvised explosive devices and how we lost Fallujah and what Arab public-opinion polls say about us and how the world hates us.

But we don't hear about the heroes.

The incredibly brave GIs who honorably do their duty. The ones our grandparents would have carried on their shoulders down Fifth Avenue.

We're going to turn out all right As long as men like Brian Chontosh wear our uniform.
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

He is from a town 30 minutes from us.
default_yes.gif
:

My uncles were in the Navy and Marines, my first cousin is still in the Navy (25 years this year) and great-uncle was a colonel in the Air Force, another second cousin was a lieutenant in the Marines. They are/were proud to serve their country...and my applause and thanks to Brian for making sure his people were safe under attack.

I bear an American flag tattoo on my foot to honor a friend's son who died in the first tower struck, and in shock as my husband, friends and I were in the WTC Marriott August 31st through September 2nd, 2001 for a friend's wedding and to honor my relatives who served their homeland proudly.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Trust me Jane, I as a Canadian remeber the british soldiers as well, just as so many try to deny the Canadian presence. You can't fool me, my CANADIAN uncle has been there done that (stationed with the British as well as from Canadian soil). My CANADIAN neighbors are there now! We are sending troups, MARITIME CANADIAN troups (where I grew up) are leaving their families behind to do a job that the rest of the world seems to want to deny they are doing.

[SIZE=14pt]i am very proud to be an american and proud of the men and women who fight to keep me free. when i say i am proud of the men and women i mean them all...Canadian, British it doesn't matter. and WE do hear about the soldiers from other countries that are there risking their lives as well. Nikki [/SIZE]

People forget facts, but remember inuendo. Iraq did not house ANY alqueda, they do now because of us. We didnt invade Iraq because of 9/11, we invaded in spite of 9/11. Tenet , pre-9/11, said in news conferences that he didnt think al queda was a threat. A lot of the reasons for going to war were wrong, they got the facts wrong or just used the facts that they wanted and left the truth out. Anything to fit their means. Pre-war Cheney was worth less than a million, post war and with all his Stock options he is worth 50xs more. That is in itself a conflict of interest and they need to post how much Bush has made.

During Clinton, and I am no fan of his lying, he tried several times to get Bin Laden but failed due to late intel. Its ok for Bush to have late/false intel, but not Clinton. When he tried later on the Rep led house or senate ( sorry, cant recall which ) stated that he was trying to draw attention away from Lewinski and wouldnt allow it. Doesnt ANYONE remember these newsbriefs? Do people really just forget what is bad for their guy but remember only what is bad for the other?

Bush didnt have just 8 months, he has had YEARS and 2 BILLION dollars a day to accomplish getting Bin Laden. But instead, he parades on the deck of a carrier with a huge banner that reads, Mission Accomplished. How stupid was that? Only made worse by his statement ' I say to them, bring it on!' when asked about insurgents. And they did. Doesnt anyone remember the looks on the faces of those behind him when he said that? The ones that would be fighting because of those ignorant words. Words from a man who never saw a second of battle.

You can love the soldier/sailor/marine but hate the mission. They arent mutually exclusive. Bush is the idiot that started this and NO ONE holds him accountable. These politicians can say whatever they want. The only ones that are ever at fault are of course, the Democrats.

People forget facts, but remember inuendo. Iraq did not house ANY alqueda, they do now because of us. We didnt invade Iraq because of 9/11, we invaded in spite of 9/11. Tenet , pre-9/11, said in news conferences that he didnt think al queda was a threat. A lot of the reasons for going to war were wrong, they got the facts wrong or just used the facts that they wanted and left the truth out. Anything to fit their means.
And so do you forget some facts Pepipony.

Do you remember the Gulf War???? Did we not have an agreement with Iraq that the UN would be able to inspect the country at any time? Did the UN not make repeated requests to do so and didn't Saddam deny these requests? Did we not give him numerous warnings that we would invade if he did not uphold the agreement from the Gulf War????

Point blank, we were justified in taking actions to invade on this alone and it was just one of the excuses used to get approval to do so.

You can love the soldier/sailor/marine but hate the mission. They arent mutually exclusive. Bush is the idiot that started this and NO ONE holds him accountable. These politicians can say whatever they want. The only ones that are ever at fault are of course, the Democrats.
Bull pucky. Bush didn't start this, and neither did any one party of the government. The Government as a whole shoulders all the responsibility for any war.

I place the blame on the previous administration for gathering faulty facts, neglecting to take action when they should have, and for cutting our military and intellegence spending. 8 months is not long enough for any new administration to root out the errors from the previous one.

Let me ask, what was done to protect us after the first two bombings of the World Trade Center?

Did you know my husband was in the military until that clown took office and couldn't then keep his pants on? I still remember the mass of military people that couldn't surve under that president and because of that left the services. My husband was one that loved the military but got out because of the deepest lack of respect for the previous president.

Bush stated that TERRORISTS will no longer be tolerated by us or any other free nation. He gave them ALL FAIR WARNING! And it was well known that Saddam had people in his leadership that were also part of the terrerist regime. Heck, Saddam himself was a terrorist as was proven in his own trial.

I know people who have served. I work with a person that sat right next to me in my office that served 2 years for our country and is a major in the army. I work for a company that owns companies in England and Australia. What I hear from those on the inside who are serving is that the media should be ousted from this war and that what is reported is NOT EVEN CLOSE to reality.

It makes me sick that so many people listen to the media and believe that we are fighting a war that is not justified.

Remember WW2 or the vets that served in it? My grandfather was one and I will say that we Americans said the same about WW2 as we are now saying about the current war in Iraq..... That is until the world saw the horrors were done to the Jews.

It will take years to see the truth in all of this. I for one am so greatful to ALL COUNTRIES and ALL THEIR families for giving the world THEIR BEST to ensure that all of us have freedom in the future.

And until ALL of our troops and the allied troops are home, I will not EVER forget what they do for the world. I will NEVER forget the day the towers fell or the pure anger in my heart over the senseless loss of life that occured.

Well, off my soap box.

Again, Thank you to all the HEROS that are fighting for freedom. Rest assured that you will NEVER be forgotten.

:aktion033:
default_thumbup.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
: :aktion033: Well said Sunquest.

Robin

So why is it Clintons fault but not Bush Srs when he was on Husseins door step and didnt continue? And btw, I DID very much like Sr and he did have valid points about not going into Baghdad. Biggest being no exit strategy and we would be mired there. Hmm Smart man. To bad Shrub Jr isnt nearly a millionth of the man his father was.

Its imperialistic , non-christian and ignorant of us to say things like 'least we fight them there so they arent here'. yeah, like terrorists have stopped attacking. And why is it ok to kill civilians of another country but not here? Guess if the DEA decided to bomb that meth house in a neighborhood , the collateral damage would be fine so long as its not YOUR neighborhood? How sad and pathetic that there are people, and probably those who calls themselves Christians, that think its all fine.

Why is it that Clinton is responsible for everything done by anyone under his watch, but Bush isnt responsible for anything? Maybe that is the nutshell, Bush is not responsible. You can do anything if you know that someone else will take the fall.

Sunquest, you misconstrue facts for your own good. You keep the ones you want and dismiss the rest. Go back and actually read reports etc from that time. We want the UN to back up things when it suits our agenda, but then want them to back off when it doesnt. We used their inspectors as excuses to invade, then told them to stick in when they didnt agree with us. Cant have it both ways.

Besides all of that. Iraq wasnt because of 9/11, Iraq was in spite of it. Bush planned on going in , 9/11 just gave him the excuse to do it. He is a sad excuse for a man and acts more like a petulant little brat than a President.

Go George W and GO USA!

If you don't like....you DO have the freedom to leave OUR free country! :ugh:

I had to come back (didnt have time before I left for work to comment) since this really made my hair stand up and I thought about this all day at work, so here I am...

Part of being an AMERICAN (which I am) is having the FREEDOM (without worry that someone will come to my house from the government and shoot me dead) to SAY what I feel about the president and the things I don't agree with about our country's government. Do I want to leave because I don't like what is going on? NO! Do I support the US military and what they are doing for our country? YES! Just because I don't agree with the way YOU feel about the government and who runs it, doesnt mean *I* should leave the US! Because our country is free, we are a people with many different opinions and we have the RIGHT to those opinions.

I am a proud American, I vote and I support our troops. I have as much right to say how I feel (and live here) as you do!

I object to the basic proposition that the "press" is automatically ignoring anything good. There isn't much good in a war, but this fellow seems to be.

The fact is that from the very beginning of the war: You don't see the "same old" coffins. You don't see ANY coffins because the press was barred & still is, from showing the returning flag-drapped coffins. (3,000+ now) Admistration was/is afraid it would hit too close to home & make us think war is "bad." (oh, but it's so good for big business!)

2nd fact: reporters in Iraq are not at freedom to go anywhere & do anything they need to do to get real news. They are imbedded with the troops, and not allowed on their own, so how miuch of the other side do they see, other than combat?

Please think before you acuse. Just because the man is in uniform doesn't mean the press or liberals hate him. I am both of those things............and I hate the stupidity that put him in harm's way. Not the man or his story.

And that is why WE have a FREE country and you can have your own FREE opinions

John.jpg
heehee love the photo :aktion033: :aktion033: :bgrin :bgrin

Now for the FREE part I will debate that............our freedom is disappearing at an alarming rate ...we have legislation upon legislation taking away our freedoms to reach the american dream.......................it is happening on all levels and I wish we could unite and take back our freedom.................but to do that will require personal responsibility and people with a teeny weeny modicum of common sense
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
: ...that seems to be what we are missing
default_wink.png
:

As for our wonderful troops I support them whole heartedly they are doing a job, that those of us sitting at our computers debating the topic of the day, are not willing to do but are happy to accept the rewards. Where my opinion stands on the entire war is not important what is, is our troops fighting for something they believe in.........so I ask..............When was the last time YOU (ordinary american) fought for something you believed in ??

Latest posts

Back