Something you won't see on the news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin1

Reaction score
SoldierGreeted.jpg

Those of you who might not know, the man on the left is the Commandant of the Marine Corps, and he is proud to know the man on the right.

Maybe you'd like to hear about a real American, somebody who honored the uniform he wears

Meet Brian Chontosh

Churchville-Chili Central School

Class of 1991.

Proud graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Husband and about-to-be father. First lieutenant (now Captain) in the United States Marine Corps.

And a genuine hero, the secretary of the Navy said so yesterday.

At 29 Palms in California Brian Chontosh was presented with the Navy Cross, the second highest award for combat bravery the United States can bestow.

That's a big deal. But you won't see it on the network news tonight

And all you'll read in Brian's hometown newspaper is two paragraphs of nothing.

The odd fact about the American media in this war is that it's not covering the American military. The most plugged-in nation in the world is receiving virtually no true information about what its warriors are doing.

Oh, sure, there's a body count. We know how many Americans have fallen. And we see those same casket pictures day in and day out.

And we're almost on a first-name basis with the jerks who abused the Iraqi prisoners. And we know all about improvised explosive devices and how we lost Fallujah and what Arab public-opinion polls say about us and how the world hates us.

We get a non-stop feed of gloom and doom.

But we don't hear about the heroes.

The incredibly brave GIs who honorably do their duty. The ones our grandparents would have carried on their shoulders down Fifth Avenue.

The ones we completely ignore, like Brian Chontosh.

It was a year ago on the march into Baghdad. Brian Chontosh was a platoon leader rolling up Highway 1 in a humvee.

When all heck broke loose. Ambush city.

The young Marines were being cut to ribbons. Mortars, machine guns, rocket propelled grenades.

And the kid out of Churchville was in charge. It was do or die and it was up to him.

So he moved to the side of his column, looking for a way to lead his men to safety. As he tried to poke a hole through the Iraqi line his humvee came under direct enemy machine gun fire. It was fish in a barrel and the Marines were the fish. And Brian Chontosh gave the order to attack.

He told his driver to floor the humvee directly at the machine gun emplacement that was firing at them. And he had the guy on top with the 50 cal unload on them.

Within moments there were Iraqis slumped across the machine gun and Chontosh was still advancing, ordering his driver now to take the humvee directly into the Iraqi trench that was attacking his Marines.

Over into the battlement the humvee went and out the door Brian Chontosh bailed, carrying an M16

and a Beretta

and 228 years of Marine Corps pride.

And he ran along the trench, with its mortars and riflemen, machineguns and grenadiers. And he killed them all.

He fought with the M16 until it was out of ammo.

Then he fought with the Beretta until it was out of ammo. Then he picked up a dead man's AK4 and fought with that until it was out of ammo.

Then he picked up another dead man's AK47 and fought with that until it was out of ammo.

At one point he even fired a discarded Iraqi RPG into an enemy cluster, sending attackers flying with its grenade explosion.

When he was done Brian Chontosh had cleared 200 yards of entrenched Iraqis from his platoon's flank. He had killed more than 20 and wounded at least as many more.

But that's probably not how he would tell it. He would probably merely say that his Marines were in trouble, and he got them out of trouble. Ooh-rah, and drive on.

"By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, unlimited courage in the face of heavy enemy fire, and utmost devotion to duty, 1st Lt. Chontosh reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service."

That's what the citation says.

And that's what nobody will hear.

That's what doesn't seem to be making the evening news.

Accounts of American valor are dismissed by the press as propaganda, yet accounts of American difficulties are heralded as objectivity. It makes you wonder if the role of the media is to inform or to depress - to report or to deride. To tell the truth, or to feed us lies.

But I guess it doesn't matter. We're going to turn out all right As long as men like Brian Chontosh wear our uniform.

Thank you for this wonderful post..... he is why I am PROUD to be an American!! HOO-RAH!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

THANK YOU!!!! The liberal media does not want to tell us what good is going on in this war because it hurts their agenda.You hit the nail on the head,always hearing the gloom and doom.Thank you to our brave men and women who are keeping us safe. :aktion033:

well i guess my parents never tought me "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" becase I'm about to say something negative

So he moved to the side of his column, looking for a way to lead his men to safety. As he tried to poke a hole through the Iraqi line his humvee came under direct enemy machine gun fire. It was fish in a barrel and the Marines were the fish. And Brian Chontosh gave the order to attack.

He told his driver to floor the humvee directly at the machine gun emplacement that was firing at them. And he had the guy on top with the 50 cal unload on them.

Within moments there were Iraqis slumped across the machine gun and Chontosh was still advancing, ordering his driver now to take the humvee directly into the Iraqi trench that was attacking his Marines.

Over into the battlement the humvee went and out the door Brian Chontosh bailed, carrying an M16

and a Beretta

and 228 years of Marine Corps pride.

And he ran along the trench, with its mortars and riflemen, machineguns and grenadiers. And he killed them all.

He fought with the M16 until it was out of ammo.

Then he fought with the Beretta until it was out of ammo. Then he picked up a dead man's AK4 and fought with that until it was out of ammo.

Then he picked up another dead man's AK47 and fought with that until it was out of ammo.

At one point he even fired a discarded Iraqi RPG into an enemy cluster, sending attackers flying with its grenade explosion.

When he was done Brian Chontosh had cleared 200 yards of entrenched Iraqis from his platoon's flank. He had killed more than 20 and wounded at least as many more.
To me that is nothing to be proud of. A single man sloughtering 20 men who probably have famlies of their own, Wives, childeren, parents, Parents who have to burry their childeren because of America oh yes Hoo-Raw! to that.

I don't mean to offened anyone although I'm sure I did but it is what I think on the matter and maybe something to think about. War is not a postive thing.

I HATE that we're at war and think it was the worst decision this administration could make BUT thats why I like to hear these stories because we don't hear them and I do care about the people over there risking their lives and its not their fault they had to be there.

THANK YOU!!!! The liberal media does not want to tell us what good is going on in this war because it hurts their agenda.You hit the nail on the head,always hearing the gloom and doom.Thank you to our brave men and women who are keeping us safe. :aktion033:
:new_shocked: Lips are firmly sealed
default_wink.png
:

I am incredibly proud of our soldiers and am in awe of the sacrifices they make for our country.

It is their commander-in-chief that I object to wholeheartedly. The one who puts their lives at risk for the sake of his own ego rather than going after the known source of terror, Osama bin Laden and his ilk...the one who has given us multi[ple fallacious reasons why we are in Iraq (and now headed in all likelihood for Iran)...the one who sees nothing wrong with failing to fulfill our obligations to those loyal soldiers when they come home and have little or no healthcare.

I am so proud of those who fight and have fought for our country...I only wish the man at the top accorded them the same respect!

Love the John Wayne thing!!

:lol:

It is their commander-in-chief that I object to wholeheartedly. The one who puts their lives at risk for the sake of his own ego rather than going after the known source of terror, Osama bin Laden and his ilk...the one who has given us multi[ple fallacious reasons why we are in Iraq (and now headed in all likelihood for Iran)...the one who sees nothing wrong with failing to fulfill our obligations to those loyal soldiers when they come home and have little or no healthcare.
Ya, after BJ Clinton let him go so many times
default_yes.gif
:

default_yes.gif
:

You have been duped!
default_yes.gif
:

Yes, Clinton (who lied about who he was having sex with) failed to go after bin Laden at a time when he would have been accused of "wagging the dog." A tragic lack of foresight, but congress was bent on bringing him to his knees (I guess they wanted him where Monica had been...).

George the Lesser (who lied to start a war at the expense of 3000+ American lives) failed to go after bin Laden when he had incontrovertible evidence and the support of the world (which he squandered by going into Iraq)

Last edited by a moderator:
I HATE war! But I am so darn proud of our young men and women in uniform!

I'm like you, Robin. The general media is a farce and is cheating our military and is covering up the REAL stories that are going on over there........what the h*ll good is it doing????

Those of us who have or have had family members that have served in the Middle East KNOW what the real story is. And WHY so many of them have amazingly chosen to go back!

THEY see the TRUTH. THEY have seen that they've made a difference in the quality of thousands of lives. Yes, it's been made with an awful price, but our amazing young people have chosen to do it.

Now, IMO, it's time to do the "Kennedy thing". Instead of feeding them fish.......teach them HOW to fish.

MA

This war is a vendetta to get even for threatening his father. Have you noticed neither his father or brother has said one word about whats going on. My nephew did 3 tours in Iraq and I'm so grateful He is now home. Our guys are over there dying, losing limbs and other horrendous injuries and the US president could care less. Its his way or the highway. I thought He was elected president, not king. :no:

I think what some of you are forgetting is that the President did not go in this alone. Congress voted for it, they all had the same information he had, so if he was duped about Saddam then so were they. Hearing some of them reply that ,"well they didn't read the information" makes me sick. I'm not for war, I don't know anybody that is. Sometimes you have to go to war to protect yourself and prevent future attacks.

Benjamin Franklin said, "those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither."

And YES, It is a matter of record that Clinton was offered Osama long before 9/11 and he turned his back.

As for Clinton going through an impeachment, if it had to do with his affair, it was only in the context that the "President" perjured himself. I mean come on, if you are going to be dumb enough to commit perjury at least make it for something big, the only person who cared was Hillary and I'm not sure she cared.

Robin

default_yes.gif
:

And wow Bush sure did make use of his 8 months prior to 9/11. He really showed Bin Laden the door WOOHOOO! Go Shrub GO!! He even put the whammy on the Saudi Royals, ya know, Bin Ladens family. Show them he did
default_wacko.png
:

I'm proud of our Men and Women over there defending OUR country. I would much prefer the battle to be held in THAT country than here in MY homeland. Those people brought this on themselves when they attacked US. You'd rather we sat on our keisters and let every other country decide they can do the same thing. :nono:

Go George W and GO USA!

If you don't like....you DO have the freedom to leave OUR free country! :ugh:

Politics, Politians, Religion Everything!!!!!!! It's all based on division. In my mind, there are no borders, no races, no nothing! There is one race... the human race. What starts wars? Religion, finance, and MEN!!! Men are territorial. I know, I'm one of them. Everything has gotten so ridiculous. The Taliban attacked the U.S. and everyone was/is justifiably horrified. In Toronto, the day it happened, I was crying in the street. Since then, there has been a weird anti Canada, anti U.S. thing on both sides. Sorry to sound so negative, but everything is just getting sooo much worse. We're not even half way to where we should be in terms of understanding that it's not about you and me, them or us...it's all of us. Until we learn that, we're doomed.

Our instinct to divide and conquer will be our fall!

P.S. I'm proud of the sodiers, too. Thanks to them. And I wish them well.

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: I am proud of the men and women in uniform, be they Americans or Canadians :aktion033: :aktion033: It is sad that the media do not report the good and uplifting stories, the soldiers need to know that we support them. By the way I loved the John Wayne thingy too :bgrin

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back