Do you believe in miracles?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Horse Lover

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I thought I would share a story with everyone that just happened to me.

At 8:00 this evening I left to bring my boyfriend home..he had to be home by 8:30..my mom said that the roads were horrible and being the person that I am I decided to ignore it. As soon as I walked outside I realized just this "Minnesota weather is something else." I drive a Toyota Camry. Only front wheel drive. I live 7 miles out of town and he lives in the middle of town.

As we were driving down the gravel road and down the back country roads into town I started to get scared as the plows do not come out on our roads until late at night. My boyfriend took my hand and said that he loved me and that everything will be just fine. It took a normal 10 minute drive into town, 30 minutes to get there. I dropped him off and told me that he loved me and to drive safe.

I drove away and started my trek home. As soon as I hit my country roads it had gotten worse..as the snow is still and was still falling. I kept my whole attention focused on the road and tried to manage. We have a curve called "Dead man's curve" on the way home. I was only going 10mph and my car began to slide. The back tires began to slide. I was listening to country when Carrie Underwoods song "Jesus take the wheel" came on.

I have been in the ditch before..but the temp is dropping here and the slush is unbearable on any vehicle. I grabbed my steering wheel and prayed and said "Please keep me safe. Give me a second chance. I know I haven't been myself lately and I pray for your help tonight." As soon as I said that my car stopped slipping as I was just about to go into the ditch and the snow stopped blowing so I could actually see.

I just got home and I thanked god for his help. It may not seem like much..but I believe that the higher power helped.

Do you believe in miracles?

Wow scarey experience, I don't know where you are in Minnesota but I'm in south central MN and the weather was very bad today indeed. all schools and many events were called off as it was getting so bad so quickly. I could barely get out of the parking lot at work. I drive about 30 miles each one way to work each day.

I do believe I guess... in miracles.

I"m very glad to hear you are ok. I have driven many years in some dangerous situations and being a Minnesotan all my lfe it still gets intense driving in that.

One day I left the house in the morning and in the dark and went down our gravel road and turned onto the highway, the wind and snow was blowing so bad and so much worse out there than what I could not see from my house, that decided that I had to get turned around immediately and head home.

I actually was lost on the highway not even a mile from home. The only thing that I could see was the very tops of the telephone poles. I didn't know if I was on the road or not or which direction I was going so had to guess. I couldn't even see the hood of my car. I turned the car around and prayed that no one was coming and was hoping I was heading in the right direction. I was guessing which way my home was. I couldn't see my turn off so had to guess as to how far I had gone. I turned and hoped that I was going to get on the gravel and not go in the ditch. The only way that I could barely stay on the highway was to look at the tops of the telephone poles and try and stay in line with them as they obviously run along the highway.

It was so horrible I walked in the house and my husband took one look at me and I started to cry. This was just last winter.
default_new_shocked.gif

Yes I am located in south central as well...the roads are awful and with the economy and gas prices the way they are now I don't have the money to pay for a tow truck. It's too expensive around here plus they charge you an extra 200 for how far out you live here. It's ridiculous. Tonight was a horrible night..I would normally not have posted a normal in the ditch accident but it's just this feeling I got all of the sudden..after I prayed..somehow it all stopped and I could drive again..it stopped snowing and blowing. It maybe hard to believe but it all stopped and I could actually see again. With the weather it is now..you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you and you make your own paths out here where I live. I'm so thankful that I made it home safely...

I don't believe in miracles anymore because I didn't get mine............

But you know what? I do believe in angels because I happen to be related to an Archangel.... I think you may have had one of those in the car with you.

Latest posts

Back