Do animals have souls?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penny

Reaction score
I have always wondered if animals have souls...Something happened to me this evening that has me thinking even more about it...Here is my story....

We have 2 litters of Toy Fox Terriers...One litter is 2 1/2 weeks old, the other litter is 3 days old....one of the pups in the youngest litter was a "failure to thrive" pup...I knew as soon as she was born what the outcome of her existence would be...I have never been able to help a puppy like that live...I guess it's just a fact of nature that it is what it is....Well this evening the pup went downhill fast....I knew it was only a matter of a few hours that she would no longer be with us...So, I put her in a cloth, held her for awhile while rocking her in the rocking chair, then put her in with her mom while we ate dinner.....after dinner I went in and picked her up...I knew she was almost gone as her breaths were gasping and she was twitching occasionally...I held her and told her she was loved, and I was sorry. She passed away in my hand a few minutes after that....

I went into the living room and just sat in the rocker holding her and crying....then the strangest thing happened....I heard barking...not loud but I could hear it...it wasn't any of my dogs and no one was outside walking their dog...It was the same bark each time and it was 3 barks each time....I thought I was hearing things because it sounded like it was coming from the pup or somewhere very close to us..but yet far away.....I thought it strange that was happening....I didn't think about it again until later....

We went to bed...I must have dozed off when suddenly something ,a thought, a voice, I don't know what, woke me up....Whatever had woke me wanted me to know what the barking was about... My answer to dogs having souls was answered....There is no doubt in my mind the barking I heard was a dog that has passed on and was now helping the pup over the bridge...Why was I allowed this knowledge? I like to think it is Gods way of letting me know there is life after death, even for the animals we love..

This was the first pup that has had me this upset..We've lost 2 other pups in past litters like this but this little girl was special....

I hope it was one of our doggie kids that have passed on, helping her over the bridge...

Sorry if I sound crazy but this feeling is sooo strong within me....I know God works in miraculous ways, and everything happens for a reason....I mourn her passing but rejoice in what I have learned because of it...Run free little girl...You will always be remembered.

Penny

Reading your post, sent goosebumps over my entire body which my girlfriend used to call "Godbumps" which means you believe. I do believe that animals have souls. I remember as a child being told by my parents that animals weren't in Heaven as they didn't have souls. This truly bothered me as a very young child and I'm not sure when I finally realized that them not having souls was and is complete and utter hogwash! Yes, they do have souls and thanks so much for sharing your experience. Take care.

What a beautiful story - although I am sorry for the loss of your little pup. I also believe that animals have souls, it doesn't make sense for them not too. Here's another story for you to ponder.

Many years ago my old G/Shepherd bitch passed away. The night after her passing, as I made my way from house to barn to do 'late night' horses, I heard her padding up behind me. She went past me and into the beam of my torch light. She was not an 'old' dog any more, but appeared as she had looked in her prime. She walked with me to the barn and when I switched on the lights, she lay in the doorway, fully visible, and waited for the half hour it took me to do the work. We then walked back to the house together, but as I rounded the back corner near the door, she disappeared. This routine was repeated for over two months - every night without fail - until I took on a G/Dane rescue bitch. That first night I walked with my new dog to the barn, there was no sign of the G/Shepherd, but once I was in the barn and had the lights on, she appeared in the doorway - not to lay down, but to stand there wagging her tail and laughing at me. She barked twice and I looked at her and said 'Thank you - God speed' and she turned and disappeared. I never saw her again! I truely believe that she was there to protect me, but once I had the G/Dane for company, her 'duty' period came to an end and she was free to move on.

Was it all my imagination working overtime? I dont think so! She was there in full glorious view, I could hear her breathe/pant and her footsteps. She was there with me all the time I needed the company and gone the moment she felt that need was over, bless her
default_wub.png

Anna

I also believe this. Set quietly with your beloved pet and just look in their eyes. I only pray I will see them all again the same as my human family.

That was beautiful, Penny. My whole body got shivers and I have goosebumps everywhere. Lucky you, to have been given a glimpse of the other side and to know that that precious being is just fine
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They absolutely do... thank you for sharing these wonderful, heartwarming encounters.

Thank you for that lovely story...I always like to have a good cry in the morning.LOL

I absolutely refuse to go to any heaven where there are no animals- that's no heaven at all.

I absolutely believe that they have souls. No doubt about it. I cant believe a God would want us to live in heaven with only humans as company
default_rolleyes.gif

I absolutely believe that animals do have souls. I even have reasons why I believe this--like Penny and Anna I have seen evidence of it!

Many years ago when my grandmother was a child, she was in church and the priest asked her that question--do animals have souls. She said yes. Well, that priest was furious with her for giving that answer--he really chewed her out and told her that animals do NOT have souls, and it was evil of her to say that they do! Didn't matter--my grandmother didn't believe him, and went through life believing that animals DO have souls!

Thank you for sharing those beautiful stories of your beloved furkids. I have also seen evidence in this after losing one of our Great Danes, which is why I believe our animals have souls. Heaven just would not be heaven without our animals.

I have doubts about some people, but I have no doubt about the souls of animals.

As for heaven, I only hope that animals forgive the human race and share paradise with us.

Thank you ladies for sharing your heart warming experiences with us. I've had no personal experience with anything like that but have always wondered why anyone would say that animals don't have souls. Just seems to me that it's one of those things that just IS.

Yes, Penny. Animals definitely have souls. I have had first hand experiences over the years that proves it, much like yours and AnnaC. And earlier this year both my husband and daughter FINALLY had their own, shortly after our sweet old cat, "Splinter" crossed over. Her Spirit hung around for several weeks and a total of three people saw her many times....I was actually surprised that I never did!

My belief is that any Being who is capable of LOVE has a Soul.

Ma---

Animals absolutely have souls!

I am a little different in the way I communicate than others in that I connect on a soul to soul basis. Everyone who does it does it a little differently and it does not make one better than the others it's just we all do it in a little different way! It's one reason I can connect with animals and humans that have crossed over. Again doesn't make me any better than any other person that does it.

However you were given a rare and wonderful gift of love.

Cherish the memory and keep it close to your heart. Because of you the little one crossed over wrapped in the love you gave it.You were given a very special thank you in payment of all you tried to do for the little one.

Share with those you know will treasure it the one you do!

I am so excited for you!

Hugs

Bonnie

Animals absolutely have souls!

I am a little different in the way I communicate than others in that I connect on a soul to soul basis. Everyone who does it does it a little differently and it does not make one better than the others it's just we all do it in a little different way! It's one reason I can connect with animals and humans that have crossed over. Again doesn't make me any better than any other person that does it.

However you were given a rare and wonderful gift of love.

Cherish the memory and keep it close to your heart. Because of you the little one crossed over wrapped in the love you gave it.You were given a very special thank you in payment of all you tried to do for the little one.

Share with those you know will treasure it the one you do!

I am so excited for you!

Hugs

Bonnie

Bonnie...Thank you ,thank you from the bottom of my heart! You and everyone here who has replied have my undying gratitude for listening to my story and believing as I do now...I told a psychologist friend about the experience...she asked me how I felt about it, did it scare me? I told her no, if anything I feel so privledged to be allowed too have heard and understood what had happened...This has actually given me a peace I haven't felt in a long time..there is no guessing, now I KNOW...

Thank you again and God Bless

Penny

Latest posts

Back