Dissemination of Information

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayVik

Reaction score
I would like to start a topic just for discussion and not in any way connected to any official act or intended action rather just to gain an understanding of those who reply.

I sense an undertone of many topics/threads regarding actions of the BOD and other official actions of the administration of the ASPC/AMHR to be one of lack of timely information dissemination. Both from the position of consideration before the fact and dissemination of information and decisions after the fact…Considering that generally speaking only a very small percentage of the membership as a whole is involved in reading and visiting public forums such as this how would or could information be brought to the membership as a whole in a timely manner.

First is this a problem and if so how do we best address it as an organization?

Again just for my understanding not as an official inquiry.

Ray,

I appreciate you asking, I also appreciate your committee putting up the web site on the by laws questions. It gives the registry members a chance to voice, vent and feel involved in the running of the registry. Which I think is important for everyone.
default_aktion033.gif

As you know we in ASPC/AMHR have a strong BOD and EC that make the majority of the decisions and as such sometimes the members feel excluded from the decision making process. Unless you have a direct line of communication with one of the BOD members, you find out after the fact what is being proposed as far as items that are going to come up. That means the BOD members representing your specific area do not many times get the input of where the membership would like to see things going. I have always thought the more minds we can get expressing as many ideas as we can on any specific subject the better off we are!!
default_wink.png

I have always tried to keep informed thru conversations at shows and during the show season with my directors, but some folks may not have that options.
default_smile.png

To include those that don't, I would suggest a web site set up and run by someone in the office where the proposed agenda for BOD meetings and EC meetings could be posted and then a section where comments for specific items on that list could be posted. It is not a perfect fit, but would be easy, cheap to administer and be a better system than what we currently have in place.
default_wub.png

Again Thanks for asking,

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back