Did I miss an AMHA rule change???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebiscuit

Reaction score
I have always registered my horses permanently with AMHA at five years, and all the certificates of the younger horses I have indicate they expire when the horse is five years old. However, I was just on the AMHA site's Forms on Line and in looking at the PDF file in which you can upload your photos and print them form out, it says they go permanent at three years! Is this right?

Yes, they implemented the change a couple of years ago I believe. The horses born before then could be brought permanent any time from 3-5 years and then any born after it is 3.

Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork :arg! This is the only thing that I totally dislike about owning minis. It seems like every time you turn around it's time to remeasure and take new photos and send the registries more money. Sorry, I know this is off point but I just can't help myself.
default_frusty.gif

Yes, the age is now three, which will be nice because you dont have to do AMHR at 3 and then remember to do the same horse 2 years later at 5. All can be done at once now and then it's DONE.

Yes, and to make the transition easier and less confusing we (I was on the board at that time) voted that the horse had to be brought perm by the expiration date on the papers but could be brought perm from the age of 3 on. That was to help people who all of a sudden had a bunch of horses that could be brought perm. and we didn't want to make this a financial hardship.

Sure is nice to do it all at once, or in my case, I forget it all at once....
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh, that reminds me!! I have a mare that turned 3! Yikes, better get her done before the six months is up....

Thanks for the reminder!!

Thanks everyone! I don't know how I missed it! If they sent a notice out to all members, for some reason I never saw it or never got around to reading it. I have two three year olds I was getting ready to go permanent in AMHR, but now I can just double the pics and do both registries! SO NICE!

The paperwork for the registries drives me nuts, and I have only a small herd. I just can't imagine how mind boggling it has been with a three and five year old permanency in two registries, if you have herds of 25 or more!

Now I just wish that both registries would require the SAME photos. AMHR wants one broadside with the head turned towards the camera and AMHA doesn't require that. And I LOVE the form AMHA has online, where you can just upload your photos and print the sheet off on photo paper. It will be nice if AMHR catches up with this technology sometime and does it too. Better yet would be the ability to just email your registry pics to the two of them, and not have to print them at all! But I guess it would cost more then because the registries would pass off the cost of printing them.

But, they could just have their registration papers with the photos uploaded right onto them and print the entire thing off at once. Oh well, it's fun to dream!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back