Darla's official foaling thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to have to peek in and watch Darla through the day today, she's got to be close! Are you going to pick up some ph strips to test (if she doesnt have her FILLY before then?)

It does look like she is breathing heavy..

Jess is going to have her husband check on her again. Those chicken sure are watching her too lol

I hate to be the dark cloud here, and maybe it's just me, but it looks like Darla is showing some signs of founder to me? Weight all on the hind end (to relieve the fronts), shifting weight from one front foot to the other, she seems VERY reluctant to walk, lots of laying down. Yes I know that we are waiting for her to foal, but... could we be focusing on ONE thing (foaling) and forgetting about the rest of the horse?

Could just be because we just got the cam, but it may be worth looking in to??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm under my full name on face book: joy fender (maryland)

Diane is usually right Jess so it is worth checking ( she won't leave you alone until you check anyway) lol

We are still getting to know Darla so bare with all our questions!

Here now! Just came in to use the restroom and scrub my hands/arms just in case! I will go check her hooves now.

This is the pick that I took of her vulva a few minutes ago...the discharge is smeared on her bum as well.(from swishing her tail.)

22-3.jpg

well darn..you cant really see it alot in the pic..just the strings of it that go to her tail. i didnt notice a smell, but I didnt sniff if! I can go back and do that tho

She's been up for a while now.. still seeming uncomfortable. Breathing heavy. I haven't seen her scratch her butt or pacing but has held her tail up a bit here and there. So glad there are so many people watching her! And glad you got home to check her real quick, Jess.

I'm taking my son to the dr in a bit and will be right back to watch her. Happy there are so many eyes on her!

Im going to stay and watch her for a few, but i need to run back to work at least for a little while.

Jessi, we are here watching so go off and do what you have to. She looks uncomfy but I don't think she is in labour

Gosh lots of heavy breathing and looks very uncomfortable..lets hope its all over very soon for her
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back