Darla's official foaling thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessj

Reaction score
the back story for Darla is in a thread titled hello from a newbie, and I will try to repost it here in a bit....but I have a quick question first. darla had an uneventful night, just stood around and slept. I turned her out at about 6:30 this morning as usual, and she has been grazing ever since. I have been trying not to disturb her only checking on her every hour or so. I went out a few minutes ago to find a lots of tail swishing, belly nudging, and pacing. she would walk a little bit then stop and graze for a few seconds then walk more. ( she was walking very fast and in a zig zag pattern) then she started running she would run across the pasture nudge her belly or rub on the fence and run some more. she did that for several minutes, then went to the barn and into her stall. She is standing there now with just the occasional belly nudge. could be labor? p s for those that don't know the backstory she is a maiden mare.... sorry if this is sloppy... posting from my cell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like she could be in labour, keep an eye on her from a distance so that you don't disturb her.

Keep us updated
yes.gif

I'm hiding.....but watching her like a hawk! So far just more belly kicks/nudges and tail swishing...

I also looked her over really well for bee stings just in case... She is still very grumpy and wouldnt let me check certain areas..but I didnt find anything.

Good luck hope it all goes well and you get to experiance the fantasic miracle of a new life begining
default_aktion033.gif

do you have many bees there then ?

Last edited by a moderator:
She stood in her stall for a long time. She went back into the pasture a few minutes ago and she is grazing now. Lots of tail swishing and belly kicking tho. I dont know what she is doing! I am going to try to get another pic of her vulva...but not counting on it. She has started getting really grumpy when I lift her tail.... She even tried to kick at me once! I popped her little rump and told her no.... But its really not worth the hassle! I do want you guys to see it and give me your opinion tho...it is really loose!

She went back into her stall for a few minutes. Now she has come back outside to stand in the shade and rub her booty on the fence every few minutes.

I am off to bed now, I am sending prayers for a safe and easy foaling and a healthy baby if she goes whilst I am asleep
aktion033.gif

Fingers crossed you get your foal sooner rather then later.

Oh and if you need more pics posted you can just email and I will put them up for you.

Good luck, hope all goes well if she chooses to foal tonight. Maybe she's just trying to get the foal in position, but at least she is happy to return to her stable regularly, so should be easy to get her in/shut her in if you see things progressing.
default_yes.gif

sounds like she is getting close
default_smile.png
very exciting!!

praying for safe and happy foaling for you and Darla!!
default_biggrin.png

Renee GO TO BED!! I see you lurking here!!
default_wink.png

Sounds like labor, but then again I've had mares do this off and on for several days before they foal. Hope for your sake this is the real deal LOL.

Jan

No baby yet! I noticed when I put her in her stall for the night that her belly looked different. not sure how to describe it except maybe rounder?? have been checking on her every 2 hours, and so far she has just been sleeping. this time I actually went into the barn( I can see into her stall from my carport so I have been doing that as not to disturb her) she woke up and started pacing with a few belly nudges and a lot of yawning. Went back to the carport to watch her for a bit....and she went back to sleep! Will check her again in about an hour or so... Off to check Suzies thread now, then a few minutes sleep!

How are things going? This mare watching is exhausting business isn't it? By 'rounder' do you mean 'lower' like dropping underneath? This is a good sign if so - she's getting closer and the foal is getting in position.
default_yes.gif

tomorrow if you dont have a foal can you send us some piccies?? please?? you know me I love the pictures!! oh and if you do have a foal then we DEMAND pictures!! hehe well I do at least of course once you have caught up on some much needed sleep!!
default_wub.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back