Darla's official foaling thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who is still watching but for GOD'S sake,I think this gal needs help....I swear sometimes she is pushing and it leads me to believe there is a good chance that that foal "might" be in a bad possition and IF it happens to be breech,and noone Home she could lose them both .I noticed people including Jess who thought on more than one occassion that she WAS in labor and that was a month ago..... If it's in the correct possition then all "should" go well and whatever it is causing all her discomfort is definitley something else which I believe is a bit more than jsut an abcess..

Has anyone talked with Jess today?? no posts as to her where abouts or if anyone is close enough with a NUMBER to call just incase we need them??? I can't remember and can't find that post either. Well, I will keep posting as to what I see anyways so she is aware when she finally reads them.

Darla's stall is open she came back in and she doesn't even want to go back out now
default_sad.png
Wish those chickens would leave her alone........I'd be having me some chicken soup if I were there grrrr (PS~ hope the foal doesn't eat their poop like foals love to do) ~Bless her Heart~

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so for anyone that would like to know.............After a little research with a friend we discovered that Family and friends will gather at the Talladega Funeral Home this evening ,Friday from 6 to 8 pm and the service's will be help tomorrow,Saturday at 1 pm so they will prabably be tied up for most of Saturday and most of today as it seems too. I hope Jess leaves a number incase there was an emergency with Darla for those days and times.

I would assume that today she is at work or spending time with her hub's family...but since noone has any other number to reach ,I am sure she will be loaded with messages~ Darla has finally left the stall at a snails pace once again and I hope she doesn't get in trouble out of eyes view.

Looks like Darla has been captured and brought in for the night.......maybe we will get an update before they head out~

It looked again like she was trying to Pee in the upper right hand corner but never really see anything come out.

She sure does show signs of Laminitis but would need an Xray to determine so.....and it would make sense because early onset of it would have not been present and it has come on since she has been with Jess and I just don't see it getting any better which would be the case if it were an abcess.

I dont think there will be any up date news posted here - think Jess has given up responding to our posts either because she doesn't want to accept our suggestions or because she just cant face the fact - or see - that there is anything wrong with Darla (apart from one sore foot)

I have just gone back to read the first few pages of this topic. 7th August was when Jess posted to say Darla had been having 'funny turns' during the day. Most folk thought that she might be moving to foal, but I am wondering if something went wrong then with the foal as Darla went steadily downhill, healthwise, from then on.

Page 4 (I think) has some pictures already showing Darla's 'posture' looking uncomfortable, but if you scroll on to the very last pictures, taken two weeks before those above, you will see that her 'posture' is very different and much more normal. So I would have said that Darla has been ill since 7th August and has been getting steadily worse since them - that's an awful long time!

I'm not going to suggest that anyone disturbs the family at this sad time, but might it be possible for someone living in that area to find out where Jess lives, and perhaps later next week they could phone and ask to call in for a visit? Do we have anyone living in the area?

I also think it strange that Darla came to Jess with a pretty advanced udder and that approx two weeks after her arrival, Jess could express milk, and yet still no foal? Also there was the discharge that appeared soon after this. IMO all this happening at around the same time must point to something having gone 'wrong' with the foal. This could have triggered the laminitis (trauma/internal shock etc can trigger laminitis - it does not have to be 'overfeeding') So apart from her feet, the possible internal infection could be badly affecting her now and causing her this distressing pain.

Would whoever is leaving rude messages on my voicemail please stop. Moderator please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back