Custom Horse Portraits

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaming of Minis

Reaction score
I was wondering how much you would pay or have paid for a painting of your horse. I painted a picture of my own horse and brought it to a competition and got a blue on it and some one was asking if I could paint their horse but I didn’t know what to charge. Any suggestion on price range?

Thanks Much!

Here is the painting.

100_1769.jpg

Art is pretty subjective, as is value.

I think you should discuss it with friends who want to have portraits done, see what they think of their finished product, and go from there.

I do portraits, and it is difficult to capture the right personality, so I never have a client pay until it is done and they like it. Works of art can't always be on demand.

Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer, but didn't want your question to go unanswered at all.

Good luck,

Andrea

I must have missed this. Anyway, if I were you I would work on building up a portfolio first. Do some for free and see what people think of the ones you do. I've done free animal portraits and continue to do so. I too have a problem deciding price. Everyone says I could make it my career and I could make a living but I don't think so and then something that is my hobby and therapy becomes a job and something I have to do. Good luck and show us some more if you have them.

Amanda

You got some great answers! Andrea is a wonderfully talented artist!!!

I just wanted to say I REALLY liked the shading you did on the horses side of the face! Good luck.

i agree with crabby chicken ...i love it its so different...keep it up
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back