corn chowder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a simple receipe for corn chowder. I was nominated to bring some to dinner at a friends and I am so NOT a chef. I did an internet search and there are hundreds of receipes for it but I want one that someone has actually tried and knows is good....The easier the better......Thanks.

Here is one of the best I have ever tasted!

(Yields 2-1/2 quarts)

4 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine 3 Cups Frozen Corn, Thawed

6 Tablespoons Onion, Chopped 2 Tablespoons Sugar

3/4 Cup Celery, Large Dice 2 Teaspoons Salt

2-1/2 Cups Hot Water 1 Pinch White Pepper

2 Cups Raw Potato, Peeled and Cut in 1/2" Cubes 3 Tablespoons Flour

1 Quart Half & Half

Method

On medium Heat, melt butter, and simmer onion and celery for 5 minutes until soft, but not brown.

Add water, potato, corn, and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are barely tender.

Whisk the flour into 1 cup of the half and half, and stir into the soup. Add the remaining 3 cups of half and half. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the soup has thickened to a creamy consistency.

Correct the seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Correct the consistency, if needed: To make the soup thinner, add a little milk. To make the soup thicker, simmer another 5-10 minutes

Thank you so much! I just finished making it and it is REALLY good. So good in fact no one will believe I made it....Thank you again!

Latest posts

Back