Computer program question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
What program do you use to burn a movie that you have created on your computer to a dvd disc that you can play in your dvd player? I *thought* I had one in my programs, but as it turns out I don't....(or I don't think I do
default_wacko.png
) and I need suggestions on a good one to download.

as far as i know you cannot download it. it is hardware that you install. mine is a cd/dvd burner

You need a CD/DVD burner, which I assume you already have...as for what program to use...I have, and recommend, Nero. I don't think it can be downloaded though, as I bought my software in a shop. It is VERY easy to use.
default_smile.png

Thank you for your replies ladies. Sue....I had been looking at the Nero...is this an actual burner or a movie maker program? I have Windows Movie Maker.

What I needed is a DVD burner. Tonight hubby got me one online. It's Roxio MyDVD. OK...what's the difference between installing and downloading?
default_laugh.png
Whatever I'm doing now...it's bringing the program into my computer.

I have a program that came with my new Vista computer that is called "Windows DVD Maker" It allows you to take pictures and videos and burn them into a DVD.

What I needed is a DVD burner.
Okay, now I am confused. (easily done with a computer)
default_rolleyes.gif
To me...a CD/DVD burner, is the part of your computer where you put the disc. Not too up on what things are called.
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png
default_laugh.png

I too have the Windows "stuff" that comes with Vista, but I have been using the Nero programs for several years now to burn off CD's and DVD's, and am happy with it. I don't do much with it actually though...no big jobs.

What I needed is a DVD burner.
Okay, now I am confused. (easily done with a computer)
default_rolleyes.gif
To me...a CD/DVD burner, is the part of your computer where you put the disc. Not too up on what things are called.
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png
default_laugh.png

I too have the Windows "stuff" that comes with Vista, but I have been using the Nero programs for several years now to burn off CD's and DVD's, and am happy with it. I don't do much with it actually though...no big jobs.
Maybe Farmhand will come on here later and possibly help us out!
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png
It sounds to me what you could be talking about is the driver? Like you put your CD or DVD in and away you go? Ok.....pretty much I have made and edited my video on Movie Maker it's a windows movie making editing program. I saved it onto my computer in a file. Now.....I need to "transfer" (or what they call burn) it onto a DVD disc so I can view it on my TV set and share it with the family. Hubby finished installing Roxio tonight. I was looking thru their tutorials and it looks pretty easy. It also has an editing option in the program. I can't wait to get started on it. Oh...and I'll be adding music to my DVD's too....what FUN!!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Hi, this is Farmhand, yes the "burner" itself is "hardware". You probably have a "reader" and if it's a newer computer you may also have a "burner" that is also on the computer. Usually if you have the "burner" it comes with "software" that will help you "burn" the information onto a "cd" or "dvd". I beleive "nero" is a part of windows xp that is a good program along with roxio (I think someone bought out this company?) Apple also has a decant one Quicktime, Presto etc. There are a lot to choose from. Hope this helps some. My work schedule has changed a lot lately so I haven't had time to come on the forum much except to "snope"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Farmhand!
default_saludando.gif
Thank you for "snoping" in....
default_laugh.png
Yes your bit of information helps very much...I so appreciate it and all of your info you have given throughout the years on internet/computer problems. You sound like you're very busy...but I thank you for taking the time to look in on us and reply to my thread! Take care!!!

Latest posts

Back