Combined driving information needed!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorsecwgrl

Reaction score
hi everyone!

I am really considering starting combined driving with my miniature horse, she is just starting driving and I am practicing some lower tests with her in my dressage ring (my sister currently does eventing on her thoroughbred and I use to ride dressage about 3 years ago so I know basics). she is doing wonderful so far but I need to know more about CD before I jump right in!

I would love to know any information anyone has about what I need, what I need to get to practice, Etc.

Here are some of my main questions, but other information Is always helpful:

what do I wear?

do I need to get new carts and harnesses?

how big are the dressage rings?

Thank you for reading:)

The American Dressage Society can help a lot (Google it to find website) and also the Driving forum right here on Lil Beginnings!! It is one of the sub-forums. You can search that forum and find lots of information, or of course, you can ask questions.

Short answers: You wear conservative clothing that must include a driving apron and BROWN gloves, and the clothing should match the cart in some way. You will eventually need non-spoked wheels - either wooden or similar type - not the bike tire style. I hear some events will allow pneumatic tires (bike kind) but I don't know of any events in our area that do. You must ask. Harness hardware should match the cart - brass or chrome - and should (must?) have breeching. Dressage rings are different sizes for big horses and minis but often minis will have to use the larger size ring.

Latest posts

Back