colour please...while we seem to be on this topic!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conundrum

Reaction score
FrankDerbyshow.jpg

My stallion, Bepettons Sirs Hot Topic, has two blue eyes, a snip on his nose, a small amount of white on his lower lip. He has two blue eyes, and fairly minimal white markings.

sire is Cross Country Call Me Sir

Dam is Champion Farms Hannahs Anna,

Both are pinto but not sure what "type"

I would be interested to know what you all think "Frank" is, or what he carrys,

Thanks.

Silver Dapple, minimal Tobiano with Sabino and most likely Splash (blue eyes),, but POSSIBLY Frame. I would test for Frame before breeding to any mares I was not sure about although I am fairly certain the blue eyes come from Splash.

Edited: Just noticed, his sire is Cross Countrys Call Me Sir who DEFINATELY has Frame in his background (going back to Rowdy). I would definately have him tested for Frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure C C C Me Sir is not Frame- I think this has come up before.

I had always had this stallion down as Tobiano (minimals expression) + Splash, Silver Black base.

I would test for LWO to be sure as it is not worth the risk now that we have so many untested import mares around.

I don't know if CC Call Me Sir carries the LWO gene or not....but he definitely has it in his background. That alone, would be enough for me to test for the LWO gene.
default_yes.gif
:

Also....Hot Topic appears to have one solid leg, which is also indicative of the Frame gene. Leg white is common on Tobianos & Splashes. When you see solid legs on a pinto...always "suspect" Frame as well.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the replies so far, yes Mona and Jane, he does have a small amount of white on that nearside front leg.

Jane, where do I get the test done...is there somewherehere in England. I use the Kennel Club for dna-ing my dogs.!!

So given that he has four white legs, what do you think he carries. And apologies for not stating that in my first post.

Latest posts

Back