Colour Question?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Reinmaker, I'll decide later on what I will test for, this information was very helpful
default_smile.png

Yep

Lookin at his head clipped

I see his color really dose look chestnut. So with other pics he dose look greyish in the mane/tail but I change and go with chestnut too.

I still really like him. Love his head/face.

Can't help with the color question but I think he is a handsome boy. Love the pictures of him with his head/neck shaven, he is a beautiful color! He also has a really nicely shaped head with a gorgeous mane!!!!!!! Keep us posted on what you find out, I am curious now to hear what his color is...........

Thank you so much misty'smom! Yes, I like his head too
default_smile.png

I think I'm pretty positive that he is indeed just a darker chestnut. I'm now just wondering what pinto pattern(s) he has that's causing is face markings and partial blue eye. I think I might just test for all the pinto patterns (LWO, splash, tobiano and sabino) for now, just out of curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Save your money on the sabino test, it only test for Sb1, and even if negative he could still have one of the other sabino genes that there isn't a test for, yet.

With the head/neck shave pictures, I definitely vote chestnut.

Very nice horse! I think he is Chestnut, and, of course, Silver would not show. Blue eyes are not thought to be carried by LWO but it would be worth testing him for that if you intend using him. Splash, obviously, + probably, Sabino, maybe Tobi, but possibly not. Very handsome, I like him, how is he bred and how big is he? When are you harness training him??????
default_whistling.gif

Incidentally, people, it is worth remembering that if Wild Bay were the base the lower legs would not necessarily be dark.

I still think he is Chestnut!!

I would also say chestnut. It isn't at all unusual for a chestnut to have dark/black hair in the tail.

visually he's a Chestnut Pinto. He is so pretty, love his head with that beautiful face! and I love his color. He is a gelding isn't he? I was wondering what the purpose is in paying to find out if he is LWO positive?

Thanks rabbitsfizz, Minimor, and Debby!

rabbitsfizz, thanks for the information and wonderful compliment! His sire is D&S Fast Break and his dam is Sundance LB Bella Rosa De Suerte, and he has a lot of Arenosa in his background (not sure if this is good, but I've heard that name on here before). I think he is 36" tall, but I haven't measured him since he's been here so he could be a bit taller. I would LOVE to start harness training him, but I have to find someone to teach me as I have no idea how to even start.
default_smile.png

Debby, Thank you so much! Yes, he is a gelding. The only reason i want to know is just because I'm curious. I haven't completely decided whether I will indeed test him, it's just a thought.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back