Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karma Creek Minis

Reaction score
I was just out yesterday brushing and getting photos to send in for my geldings paper work as I just bought him. ok... He is registered as a Dun, he is mostly white with a small patch on his flank, and medicine hat.... but on the "flank" spot im noticing "dapples"? is there such thing as a dappled dun? his sire is a dappled grey and white pinto, and i actually cant remember what his darns color even is lol He is in his whoolies still but his photo is on my site under geldings... looks grey to me not dun... but then again im not a color expert! Any help would be great!

default_cheers.gif
:

It all depends on whether the sire was Grey or Silver- a lot of the time the colours are incorrect or misleading and this can lead to confusion.

Basically he could be going Grey. He could also have been misidentified as a Dun and actually be a Silver Black or Bay base.

Just been and looked- he is very pretty- I'll bet he's not that clean at the moment!!

I would guess he is a Silver Black base- but as he is a gelding it is rhetorical!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jane,

hes a dirty boy, we have been lucky this year with no mud (as of yet) and havent had the S word since around feb! but he is still one dirty boy!
default_wacko.png
: But on the plus side pinto white is a little easier to clean then true grey!

sorry all for the double post aswell! I for some reason thought you could edit these things after you post them I though well might as well put the picture in here... lol
default_wink.png
: thats what i get for posting at 3am :lol:

Latest posts

Back