My new Project

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
So on the driving thread I've posted about my search for a teammate for Clementine. I've had zero luck so far. But, yesterday I found the twin (not really but so similar it's spooky) to a horse I looked at. A 8 year old sorrel stud named Pistol. The other horse was a 9 yo Chestnut studd maybe Roan (I'm terrible about color and genetics). His name is Pistol. He is registered and I'm posting a quick pic of his papers to see if anyone recognizes his lines. I paid less than meat price for him. He hasn't been handled since the day he hit the ground. He did walk up to the fence to be pet but had to be cornered to be caught and is very nervous but dad said not aggressive. Gelding is the first thing on my "to do" list and will happen this weekend or early next week. He'll get coggins, shots, and health cert at that time too. I won't actually see him in person until Sept 23. He's coming from Iowa with my Fjord team.

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

He looks very cute in his registration pictures. Is he staying at your dad's?

Sounds like you will be busy this Fall ☺!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to work with him. Dad says he seems willing but nervous. He'll be staying the winter up here with me while all the rest of the horses head south. It'll just be him so I'll have plenty of time to work on us getting to know each other
default_smile.png

His bottom side has a little Buckeroo in it, otherwise I don't recognize the bloodlines (although, that doesn't mean much, and there are many good ones, I don't know).

He sounds like a fun and neat project MajorClementine ! I agree with Chandab as far as bloodines, just the Boones Buckeroo that I recognize right off the bat , but there very well could be other 'knowns' in there, I'm sure you could find some pictures of a few of the horses in his pedigree, if you look hard enough. Best of luck with him, I hope you both have tons of fun
default_yes.gif

Well the little guy got gelded yesterday. Then a bunch of the barn guys (my dad included) went and worked with Pistol for about an hour. He's walking on a lead now and is tolerating some physical contact. They don't want to overwhelm him but they are impressed with his willingness. Dad told me this evening that it's too bad I didn't already pay for him (dad fronted the money til they are back in Utah) because he's really liking Pistol and thinking of keeping him! Funny funny man... but however it works out it looks like Pistol will be a permanent placement in our herd rather than a training to re-sell project.

Latest posts

Back