Clippers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunni1900

Reaction score
What are double K's, how much are they, and why should I use them? I see alot of them posted online for sale but know nothing about them!

They sell for around $300 more or less used or new or options might make them more or cheaper... They are strong clippers that will cut through thick hair efficiently and not leave tracks.

If you never body clip you probably can get a less powerful set of clippers.

LIke disneyhorse said, they are a good powerful clipper. Great if you are doing lots of horses or a few horses several times in one year. If you are just doing one spring shave down on a couple of horses you could go with an Andis or Oster clipper (I have used both on my minis) with great results.

We have Double K's (about $300) and a set of Andis Super 2-Speed AGC (about $150). I love the Double K's if we're body clipping. They can sale right through even dirty, winter coats
default_yes.gif

I've had the Laube Lazors for 15 years now and also use them daily at work.

I prefer them to the double ks.

I can body clip a horse from ear to tail in an hour and they look great.

I have 2 sets of Laube Lazors, They are corded or battery pack. I also have a Double K... I love the Laubes clippers.. I body clip alot and it is the absolute best, in my opinion.

I know everyone seems to love Double K's... and I bought my first one and hated it, so i sold it.... then thought I would try again, so I bought another one.... Still hate it... So will probably sell it too, as i never use it. I just can't get used to the cable... seems so bulky to me.

I've used the Double K's for many years and love them for first cilps or dirty clips. The cable takes some getting used to, but they work nice.

Brook the Clipper Girl uses Andis clippers and I must say I was amazed with how cool they stayed at Nationals even though she was clipping one horse after another all day long. I also can't use the Double K's because of the bulky cable. My next set will definitely be an Andis!

Everyone around here loves andis. I am glad to hear she uses them. I think my next pair may be andis. They are half the price of double K's and from what I understand are the Subaru of clippers! What do people have to say about andis??

I'm a dog groomer and have used the Andis for many years. They've held up so well. Recently I needed to ad another pair of clippers and decided to check if there was a newer, better clipper I should look into. Decided to call and talk with a large, professional clipper repair company that services/repairs many clippers, dryers, etc. I was surprised when he said the Andis is the best bet as far as they were concerned. So ordered another pair. I have never tried the Double K's, but since I only body a clip a small number of horses a year, have been happy w/ Andis. Someday I'll try the Double K's and see how they compare as well.

Latest posts

Back