Is there a good brand of cordless clippers out there??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAL

Reaction score
I had a set of AGR Andis clippers and foolishly sold them. Now I have an Andis set, but am tired of falling over the cord all the time, plus the corded just aren't feasible if you are in a barn with no electricity. What other cordless brands out there that won't set me back $400 and still be able to use the Andis blades I currently have. (I love the ceramic ones they have).

I loved my Wahl Chromado and the Wahl Arco is almost as good (better in some ways as it has a spare battery.) Unfortunately it won't take your Andis blades, it has its own 5 way blade.

Beware Andis cordless. Mine has is the style with its own blade and is basically not good for much. My sister has the Andis that takes all blades and likes it. But my blade sharpening folks say the new Andis are junk. So, not sure what to advise.
I bought mine back when covid began and no one could get anything for a while. So, I felt fortunate I was able to order mine with a wait of several months. But, I did not realize it had its own blade, which dulls very quickly. Basically only good for a few bridle path trims. And only good for a few sharpenings.

Beware Andis cordless. Mine has is the style with its own blade and is basically not good for much. My sister has the Andis that takes all blades and likes it. But my blade sharpening folks say the new Andis are junk. So, not sure what to advise.
I bought mine back when covid began and no one could get anything for a while. So, I felt fortunate I was able to order mine with a wait of several months. But, I did not realize it had its own blade, which dulls very quickly. Basically only good for a few bridle path trims. And only good for a few sharpenings.
Thanks, seems like Andis has gone down in value but up in price. I may try to find a good used one. I use the ceramic blade’s which hold up and cut much better than the steel ones.

Depends on what you want to be able to do with your clippers. I have a second set of Wahs Bravura after I sold my first set when I retired from grooming dogs. They're super handy, have stood up really well, just have to replace blades every so often. I'm using them for face, bridle paths and maaaaybe a trim on the feet, but I'd rather use my corded Andis Super 2 speed for that. Body clipping stays with the livestock clippers. Each piece of equipment has its own purpose.

Latest posts

Back