Christmas Parade Pics..."Best Dressed" and front page of the paper!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
Some friends and I were in the South Boston VA Christmas parade saturday night and I thought I would share the pics. My mare Rainy and her little rider friend were named "Best Dressed" and won a trophy (awwwwww!!) and were on the front page of the local paper. I am SO tickled!

Parade2006RainyandMakayla-Gatezze-V.jpg

Parade2006-RainyandMakayla-NewsandR.jpg

Here is us before the parade:

Parade2.jpg

The wise men came and kidnapped little Niabi--who belongs to Rhapsody of Appy Hollow

Parade-Niabi.jpg

and here is Rhapsody with her Hall of Fame CP mare Ebony and my big boy Sweetwaters Lots of Spots

Parade1.jpg

The three year old WITH a helmet on under that santa hat started riding and tired out. It was SO cold! The 6 year old was all too happy to jump on in her sisters stead. I was so trippy without a helmet on her and kept my hand on her at ALL times. She has started riding the big app gelding since she has gotten so tall, but Rainy sure didn't mind her lanky 45 lbs. We all had a great time!

Thanks for letting me share!!

-Amy

Amy and friends - pictures are terrific. Looks like everyone had a great time. What an honor to be named "Best Dressed". Fun with the minis and kids - what it is all about.

Millie

WONDERFUL pictures! :aktion033: Horses and kids were dressed so cute! I love doing parades like this & really enjoy seeing others enjoying it as well!
default_yes.gif
:

Aww How Sweet
default_wub.png
:

We take about 8 or 9 and drive 1 or 2. We are all the Reindeer each has a blanket :bgrin

Sweetgrasslast weekend. Without her Antlers.
default_wacko.png
:

awwgeee.jpg

What great pictures! I LOVE the dresses on those two little girls, those are just the most adorable and femine things ever.
default_wub.png
: What awesome setups, including the wise men and their little, um, "sheep." :bgrin

Leia

How awesome that you were on the front page! :aktion033:

You all look great and the girls are as cute as they can be!

:bgrin Fabulous photos and creative people, what a way to start my morning, thanks!

Merry Christmas!

ABSOLUTLEY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bgrin

I WOULD LOVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT, BUT ID be afraid my boy would kick somebody...well done

Wow !!!!What terrific pictures. :aktion033:

You guys look grrrreeeeaaaatttt!!! I am so jealous. Its been

a long time since we got to do a parade.

The little sheep is adorable. No wonder the wise men stold him!

Congratulatins on a beautiful group !!! maryann

Thanks everyone! We all had an absolute blast. It was funny watching people's reaction as we unloaded the horses from Rhapsody's mini van too! Oh man--the looks were priceless! We were going to drive two of the horses but changed our minds when we looked at the STEEP downhill slope near the parade end. I am afraid we would have slid down the whole way. Oh well--it was just as fun walking! The littlest girl with the helmet/santa hat on is the one that won "best dressed" and she rode about half way. She is only 3 and got cold and worn out--poor little thing was a trooper though!

ANyway, thanks for letting me share my babies!

-Amy

You guys look awesome!!! The kids look like they are having a blast too!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I agree
default_yes.gif
:

Kids
default_wub.png
: &
default_wub.png
: Minis...great combination!!!

Parades are such fun and your weather looked wonderful too.

Looks like a great time! Too cute too! :aktion033:

Thanks for sharing Amy!!

Chris

How fun!!! Thats neat that you all made the newspaper! Your little 3 yr. old is adorable. Thanks for sharing such fun pictures. I can't wait until (hopefully next year) to put our little mini in a parade. All of these neat costume ideas I have gotten to see..... a sheep, hmmmm
default_wub.png
: Or reideer.... cute too!

~Karen

Amy the pictures are great! Rhapsody asked me to come and bring my babies but had to work, hate that I had to miss just a great day and you all did the minis proud getting to see the little guys making the news and smiles of the girls showed how much they loved it.

Latest posts

Back