Ariel had a busy weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
We decided this was the year. We have always wanted to do a parade in the town we used to live in. So my daughter preplanned, got the weekend off and we discussed the parade.

Oops! My family lives in this town it is Gladstone, OR. My little Red Headed boy lives there and the parade passes in front of his house. He has become quite the horse lover. So has his little sissy who is now the little red headed girl. Then we learn that the parents have planned an excursion for the week prior and won't get home in time for the parade. Discussed that it was their second honeymoon without the kids. They changed their plans and decided to leave a day early drive straight thru to home to be there for the parade. The LRH Boy wasn't to know about Ariel in the parade.

So anyway all was set. We got up early on Saturday morning, Figured past history it would take an hour to get Ariel in the trailer. Wow! She pretty much walked right in. That was amazing. Then we all loaded in the truck and headed for Gladstone. Got to the staging area right on time. My daughter and her Hubby were getting all set up, decorating the cart and preparing to decorate the horse. Ariel has been led thru one small parade previously never driven thru. My nephew showed up with a bucket of water for Ariel and per my daughters request, I left with him to go to their house and wait. It was hard setting there waiting for the parade thank God for texting they kept me informed on how it was going. The LRH Boy kept asking me where Vicky was. All I could say without lying was she wasn't going to be there to "watch" the parade. The parade started and like everyone else including the neighbor across the street we were looking for the little horse. Well they were closer to the back than the front and it was actually a long parade. Then here they came. She did Awesome! Nothing phased her. She was so shiny and pretty all dressed in ribbons in her braids and the cart looked great with flowers and such. My daughter said you could see her frustration when those in front would stop and therefore Ariel had to stop. So Ariel took it up on her self a couple times to just stop. Holding up those behind her. LOL! The look on the LRH boys face when it dawned on him who it was I will keep in my memory for ever. Then they went to the park when the parade ended, my daughter circled back around and came to the house. We unhitched Ariel and put her in their fenced in front yard. It was funny because people who were still parading including the mass amount of fire trucks and ambulances stopped to see Ariel. All the sirens blasting didn't even phase her a bit. She just looked up and watched them go by. The funniest part was my Sister-in-law who kept telling me to keep my horses at home invited Ariel to come visit anytime she wants to. She spent some time with her in the yard and Ariel followed her around like a puppy dog. My Nephew couldn't stop hugging her. He is in his 30's and quite the cowboy. We loaded her up and headed home. Once again she loaded right up.

On Sunday she was the center of attention at a little girls Bday party. My daughter once again got her all pretty, thru the little saddle on her and headed down the road. She was great with all the little ones and gave them all rides. She has one more Bday party scheduled for this year so far.

These are paying gigs so I keep hoping that my daughter will share some of the money with Ariel but so far that hasn't happened. LOL

I don't have pics of the parade yet my Sister-in-Law has them but here are a couple pics of the Bday party.

ArielsBdayphoto.jpg

Arielatbday1.jpg

Great turnout. Bet she was a big hit.
default_aktion033.gif
Looking forward to seeing parade pictures-hint, hint.
default_smile.png

Great turnout. Bet she was a big hit.
default_aktion033.gif
Looking forward to seeing parade pictures-hint, hint.
default_smile.png
Just waiting for my sis-in-law to send them to me. I suspect she will actually send them to me in an envelope. She is not real handy with the computer. Will share as soon as I get them.

Latest posts

Back