We made the front page of the local paper!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
Last weekend my daughter and I took Polk in our small town's Christmas Parade. We got our picture on the front page of the local newspaper
default_biggrin.png
The day didn't start out well but ended up to be a really great day! Garnet and Nick who were supposed to be with us got caught in a traffic jam on the highway and didn't make it. My husband offered to help me load the carts before he left for work but foolish me said "It's okay, Garnet can help me when he gets here." Mickey and I had a heck of a time getting the cart loaded by ourselves (I can usually use my ramps but the way the truck is set up right now for loading hay I can't use the ramps
default_sad.png
) We finally strapped the cart on the back and away we went. We only just finished hitching, slapped a ribbon on Polk's butt for decorations and headed off in the parade. We were with the full size horses just in front of Santa who was, of course, last in the parade. After the parade was finished everyone met in the village green for hot chocolate. Polk was very popular and a ton of kids got their picture taken while giving him a pat. It was the nicest day we have ever had for the parade - so warm and sunny I didn't even have to wear gloves!

Cayugaparade.jpg

CayugaParadeU.jpg

Looks like fun!

Too bad Garnet couldn't make it.

Yup, it was our 15 minutes of alloted fame for this year! We have made the papers before but this was a first being on the front page. And it will for sure go in our album/scrapbook.

I know Garnet was sorry he missed it. IT was sure a beautiful day that day. I love the picture, you all look great. Think Polk is a model in the making. LOL

Sounds like you had a brilliant time- great to see the flag being flown for these "totally useless little garden ornaments"!!!! (Not my words, btw)

Do you have more pictures- would love to see more pictures.

Sounds like you had a brilliant time- great to see the flag being flown for these "totally useless little garden ornaments"!!!! (Not my words, btw)

Do you have more pictures- would love to see more pictures.
We also got our photo in 2 other newspapers on the inside - seems Polk was quite popular but then, he is pretty darned cute! I might be a bit prejudiced but I love him. I don't have any more photos of this parade but check out the Holstein Parade thread for more pictures.

That is so awesome!!

I can't wait until I feel ours are ready for doing some parading. I've spent the last 5 years marching in or riding full size horses and I don't feel that my driving guys or equipment are ready for the ways that I know the spectators re-act to the and parades in general...

Latest posts

Back