Christmas Card Request

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeeOkie

Reaction score
I recently received this email from Bobbie Smith about her husband who's health is failing. She asked that this be sent on to many people. I figured the best and kindest and largest group of people I know is the Lil Beginnings group. Many of you probably do know Bobbie, as she has been showing/training horses for years, mostly AMHR. Please help make their Christmas special.

Thank you, Rita

"Hi All,

As most of you know, my husband Ron or "Joe" as most of you know him has Muscular Dystrophy (MD). This disease, depending on which version you have, can be quickly debilitating even fatal. You know how doctors are, they thought they had it nailed down to a certain kind and then thought maybe LUPUS, but that turned out NOT to be the case. We are hoping to find out December 3rd which one he has. He is getting thinner and weaker with every passing day. It doesn't look good from where I'm standing but he has good spirits and trys not to let me see his worry or sorrow, but I know him better than he thinks.

He hasn't worked in almost a year and it's been hard financially but we are getting by ok. Since there won't be much money to spare for Christmas gifts this year I thought it would be a great and fun idea to do something really big for Christmas that won't cost alot of moola. And, there is always the chance he may not be with us next Christmas, so I'm trying to rally as many people as I can to send him Christmas Cards. Words can do wonders for the soul and even heal the body.

So it's my goal to see how many Christmas cards he can recieve this Christmas filled with words of hope and healing. This IS a GIFT! So please help me keep it a secret, I don't want him to know till Christmas this is my gift to him this year.

PLEAS FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE IN YOUR CONTACTS, YOUR FACEBOOK, SPREAD THE WORD AT WORK ETC...AND SEE HOW MANY CARDS HE RECIEVES FOR CHRISTMAS!!

Thanks to all!!!

And God Bless "

Ronald or Joe Smith

2700 N. Van Buren #187

Enid, OK 73703

Added him to my card list, hopefully can get them sent this weekend..

Do you think she'd mind if I passed the letter/address on to a couple other horsie boards I'm on? I'm sure several of those gals would love to send a card too..

I think that would be wonderful! The more the better!!

default_saludando.gif
One coming your way!

Merry Christmas..........

Rita,
default_smile.png
Thanks for reminding me about this! I got the email a few weeks ago and will be sending a card tomorrow! Merry Christmas! Sheila

I'm sending him one this weekend. Plus, I wanted to bump this back to the top. Let the Lil Beginnings folks send Joe a blizzard of cards this Holiday Season!

I put a reminder in my calendar when you first posted so we'll be sending one along. He'll just have to scratch his head and wonder "who the heck are they!".

Thanks to all of you who have responded that you would send Joe Christmas cards. I know he and Bobbie will very much appreciate it.

I'm going to bump this up in case some of you have not seen this.

Rita

Latest posts

Back